2018 BOA San Antonio?

I mean... it was very good but come on.  They didn't win a single caption or medal in San Antonio. Let's not view things through nostalgia goggles folks.

Were you there at Indy that year? Did you experience the crowd feedback to their show that they fed off of for that semi-finals run? You could just see them push harder and harder during that run, and the crowd ate it up and rewarded them. That was the real problem with them going first in finals - half the crowd wasn't there yet, and they didn't have as much feedback. They still put out one heck of a performance, but the full interaction wasn't there because the crowd was still "cold". Had they gone on even 3rd or 4th I think it would have made a significant difference.

Any band that goes to Grand Nationals has a very looooong season, and good directors (like good coaches, etc.) are skilled at getting bands to peak at just the right time.  In 2015, Hebron did exactly that. 

If you look at our old friends Cedar Park back in 2016 they did just that. At SA they finish 9th while Leander finishes 3rd. A week later in Indy Cedar Park finishes 5th with Leander in 6th. Hebron very well could have just gotten a lot better that one week and just come out swinging and really might have been that much better. 

If you look at our old friends Cedar Park back in 2016 they did just that. At SA they finish 9th while Leander finishes 3rd. A week later in Indy Cedar Park finishes 5th with Leander in 6th. Hebron very well could have just gotten a lot better that one week and just come out swinging and really might have been that much better. 

Don't forget (per my comment on the previous page) that in 2015 there were 2 weeks between San Antonio and Grand Nationals.

Here's my predictions to get us back on topic:

1-2: Hebron/Flower Mound

3-5: CTJ/Keller/Reagan

6-7: Leander/Vandegrift

8-9: Vista Ridge/The Woodlands

10: Bowie

Bubble: Cedar Park, Marcus, LD Bell, Timber Creek, Round Rock, and Hendrickson

It’s just really hard for me to ever imagine a world where Cedar Park is on a Bubble in ANY BOA finals!

Vista’s full show is on, I’m so excited for them on how well they’re doing this year

Yikes! No wonder there is so much buzz about them. That's no bubble show this year. This time around they look more like a solid BOA SA Finalist and it could do even better at UIL.

But can we talk about that Top 30 placement? That was a huge jump. /s

(Just kidding, Guys. You have an impossible job.)