2018 BOA San Antonio?

Just to see how things would've gone last year with this system, I decided to check for myself. (Disclaimer: I couldn't find the actual BoA SA 2017 Schedule with blocks, so I divided the bands in performance order by 14.)

Even Blocks

Vandegrift 95.675

Cedar Park 92.900

Reagan 92.375

James Bowie 90.675

Cedar Ridge 90.550

Odd Blocks

Hebron 95.975

Claudia Taylor Johnson 95.675

Flower Mound 95.050

Avon 94.700

Marcus 93.025

Next Four

(Odd Block) The Woodlands 92.175

(Odd Block) Leander 91.32

(Even Block) Hendrickson 90.450

(Even Block) Keller 90.400

Looks like finalists would've been the exact same.

Let me know if I made any mistakes, after all I'm just a guy looking at numbers on a computer. (And this took much longer than I expected)

Also was the same judges

Just to see how things would've gone last year with this system, I decided to check for myself. (Disclaimer: I couldn't find the actual BoA SA 2017 Schedule with blocks, so I divided the bands in performance order by 14.)

Even Blocks

Vandegrift 95.675

Cedar Park 92.900

Reagan 92.375

James Bowie 90.675

Cedar Ridge 90.550

Odd Blocks

Hebron 95.975

Claudia Taylor Johnson 95.675

Flower Mound 95.050

Avon 94.700

Marcus 93.025

Next Four

(Odd Block) The Woodlands 92.175

(Odd Block) Leander 91.32

(Even Block) Hendrickson 90.450

(Even Block) Keller 90.400

Looks like finalists would've been the exact same.

Let me know if I made any mistakes, after all I'm just a guy looking at numbers on a computer. (And this took much longer than I expected)

Thanks for doing this. Very interesting. The only point I would make is that these bands were scored by one panel so there is no inflation/deflation between panels to consider. So while this tells us that the bands are more or less evenly divided, the 11-14 bands could be affected by inconsistencies between panels

Thanks for doing this. Very interesting. The only point I would make is that these bands were scored by one panel so there is no inflation/deflation between panels to consider. So while this tells us that the bands are more or less evenly divided, the 11-14 bands could be affected by inconsistencies between panels

Definitely. I think the differing judge panels are going to raise a lot of "what-ifs" after all is said and done with this contest.

Knowing the panels, these would be my top 10 for each panel. 

Adjudication Panel 1:

1.Ronald Reagan 
2.Leander 
3.Hebron 
4.Keller 
5.Cedar Park 
6.Hendrickson 
7.LD Bell 
8.Cedar Ridge
9.Round Rock
10.Timber Creek
-----------------------------------------------------------------
Adjudication Panel 2:

1.CTJ 

2.Vandegrift 

3.Flower Mound 

4.The Woodlands 

5.James Bowie 

6.Marcus 

7.Vista Ridge 

8.Oak Ridge 

9.Seven Lakes 
10.Winston Churchill 

Yikes Panel 2. Panel 1 has a pretty locked up top 4 and an open space that I assume goes to Cedar Park, LD Bell or Timber Creek, with somewhat outside shots of Hendrickson, Cedar Ridge and Round Rock.

Panel 2 has Vandegrift, Bowie, Marcus, TWHS, Claudia Taylor Johnson, Flower Mound, Vista Ridge, and Prosper. I'm gonna assume the majority of the Next 4 comes from Panel 2.

In the list I posted yesterday it included two bands most likely to be 2018 heartbreakers and looking at your list I think we agree on the two most likely to be heartbroken (versus 2017). All four are in Panel 1 which has me leaning toward an even split at this point. I'd like to see Area B before committing to a 3/1 split from Panel 2 but it's certainly possible.

In mostly random order

1)Ronald Reagan

2)CTJ

3)Leander

4)Vandegrift

5)Hebron

6)Woodlands

7)Marcus

8)Vista Ridge

9)Bowie

10)Cedar Park

11)Keller 

12)Hendrickson

13)Cedar Ridge

14)Round Rock

The best I can do at this point is predict finalists, and I'm not even going to try to place them at this point. Many of these groups have only competed once so far, and with incomplete shows at that. I feel like the one or two on this list that could be considered bubble bands are Round Rock and/or Hendrickson, however both of those programs are traditionally late bloomers who have their best performances later in the season, so its hard for me not to see them in finals. I've heard good things about Timber Creek, but only time will tell if they can elbow their way into finals. Making it here is like trying to get a good view of anyone at ACL and consists of lots of shoving and someone always gets hurt.

In mostly random order

1)Ronald Reagan

2)CTJ

3)Leander

4)Vandegrift

5)Hebron

6)Woodlands

7)Marcus

8)Vista Ridge

9)Bowie

10)Cedar Park

11)Keller 

12)Hendrickson

13)Cedar Ridge

14)Round Rock

The best I can do at this point is predict finalists, and I'm not even going to try to place them at this point. Many of these groups have only competed once so far, and with incomplete shows at that. I feel like the one or two on this list that could be considered bubble bands are Round Rock and/or Hendrickson, however both of those programs are traditionally late bloomers who have their best performances later in the season, so its hard for me not to see them in finals. I've heard good things about Timber Creek, but only time will tell if they can elbow their way into finals. Making it here is like trying to get a good view of anyone at ACL and consists of lots of shoving and someone always gets hurt.

I think a particular LISD (Lewisville ISD, that is) band that has had some decent success over the past few years is missing from your list. Not to burst, I mean, POP!, the bubble of one of the others listed.

Hey, I know it's hard to keep track of everyone as there's so many great bands in the state.

I think a particular LISD (Lewisville ISD, that is) band that has had some decent success over the past few years is missing from your list. Not to burst, I mean, POP!, the bubble of one of the others listed.

Hey, I know it's hard to keep track of everyone as there's so many great bands in the state.

WOW! I totally left out FloMo.

Not sure how that happened, but i guess that just knocks Round Rock off my list of "pretty sure" finalists. 

Panel 1

Leander

Reagan

Hebron

Keller

Cedar Park

Next three

LD Bell

Cedar Ridge

Rouse

Panel 2

CT Johnson

Flower Mound

Vandegrift

The Woodlands

Vista Ridge

Next three

Marcus

Bowie

Oak Ridge

Top Seven

CT Johnson

Leander

Flower Mound

Reagan

Hebron

Vandegrift

Vista Ridge

Panel 1

Leander

Reagan

Hebron

Keller

Cedar Park

Next two

LD Bell

Rouse

Panel 2

CT Johnson

Flower Mound

Vandegrift

The Woodlands

Vista Ridge

Next three

Marcus

Bowie

Oak Ridge

Top Seven

CT Johnson

Leander

Flower Mound

Reagan

Hebron

Vandegrift

Vista Ridge

While Oak Ridge, L.D. Bell and Rouse are fantastic programs, I'm not sure if we can count out both Hendrickson and Cedar Ridge.

While Oak Ridge, L.D. Bell and Rouse are fantastic programs, I'm not sure if we can count out both Hendrickson and Cedar Ridge.

I updated my SWAG and have Cedar Ridge as the number 7 from panel 1. I have Hendrickson next after Rouse. So my next 4 are Marcus, Bowie, Cedar Ridge and LD Bell

Rouse is great and probably will be performing in Exhibition, but I don't think they're going to hop over Timber Creek, Hendrickson, Cedar Ridge and Round Rock just yet.

I checked my “equations “ and have Cedar Ridge as number 7 in panel one. I had Hendrickson and Timber creek in the next spots after Rouse. My next 4 are Marcus, Cedar Ridge, LD Bell and Bowie - not in order

Question why is haltom just disappeared? Like I read in the earlier comments way back and they were put up there ?? What happened ?

I havent seen them yet, but from what ive seen, it dosent look like this season has gone the way they wanted so far.

I havent seen them yet, but from what ive seen, it dosent look like this season has gone the way they wanted so far.

I saw them last week and I thought they looked and sounded great. That’s why I was question why they just disappeared for most people . I really dig the show. I mean they are atleast in my

Top 14 that I’d want to see advance. Idk I meant heard some of the contest performances were really bad and a lot of problems

With tempo it when I saw them I didn’t think so. Lol we

Will see. I was gonna go watch region 31 today but it got

Rescheduled sadly

Adjudication Panel 1:

1. Ronald Reagan 
2. Leander 
3. Hebron 
4. Keller 
5. Cedar Park 
6. LD Bell 
7. Hendrickson
8. Cedar Ridge
9. Round Rock
10. Timber Creek
-----------------------------------------------------------------
Adjudication Panel 2:

1. CTJ 

2. Flower Mound 

3. The Woodlands 

4. Vandegrift

5. James Bowie 

6. Marcus 

7. Vista Ridge 

8. Coppell

9. Prosper
10. Pearland

Personal beliefs for the panel. Now here are the top 20 (in probable order):

1. Ronald Reagan
2. CTJ
3. Leander
4. Flowermound
5. The Woodlands
6. Hebron
7. Vandegrift
8. Keller
9. James Bowie
10. Marcus
11. Vista Ridge
12. Cedar Park
13. LD Bell
14. Hendrickson
15. Cedar Ridge
16. Coppell
17. Round Rock
18. Prosper
19. Timber Creek
20. Pearland

I saw them last week and I thought they looked and sounded great. That’s why I was question why they just disappeared for most people . I really dig the show. I mean they are atleast in my

Top 14 that I’d want to see advance. Idk I meant heard some of the contest performances were really bad and a lot of problems

With tempo it when I saw them I didn’t think so. Lol we

Will see. I was gonna go watch region 31 today but it got

Rescheduled sadly

Tbh the improvement they last week was incredible and I heard they’re gonna be at AT&T stadium this Sunday so I’m gonna be checking that out......it’s really smart for them to practice there in preparation for the Alamodome