2018 BOA San Antonio?

While nobody has been nearly as dominant as Marcus and bell were it is interesting to note that since the woodlands winning in 13 only two bands have won the San Antonio super. Which are CTJ and Flower Mound. They may not be trading spots 1 and 2 but they have been trading wins and I would not be surprised to see that continue this year.

In reviewing results from that period (2013-2018) CTJ's win in Austin is their 8th Championship and this weekend's win in DFW is FloMo's 5th Championship and as you stated, they own the last 4 wins in San Antonio.

add Reagan's win this weekend in Conroe - their 3rd win in that competition in 4 years. Vandy has 2016 Austin and 2017 Conroe championships as well as bronze and silver over the past 2 weeks.

Hebron has 4 championships in that span. add programs that are already showing solid re-growth like TWHS, Bowie, and LD Bell and the growing programs like Keller, Timber Creek,Leander with the consistent finalist like Cedar Park, Cedar Ridge and Hendrickson 

I think that this could be the 14 finalist in the Dome - 

still lots that can change in the next few weeks - there is only 1 more BOA event in Waco and then a few weeks of UIL and polish and grow

San Antonio will be a heck of a show - again, and next years GNats could be a Texas Invasion 

In reviewing results from that period (2013-2018) CTJ's win in Austin is their 8th Championship and this weekend's win in DFW is FloMo's 5th Championship and as you stated, they own the last 4 wins in San Antonio.

add Reagan's win this weekend in Conroe - their 3rd win in that competition in 4 years. Vandy has 2016 Austin and 2017 Conroe championships as well as bronze and silver over the past 2 weeks.

Hebron has 4 championships in that span. add programs that are already showing solid re-growth like TWHS, Bowie, and LD Bell and the growing programs like Keller, Timber Creek,Leander with the consistent finalist like Cedar Park, Cedar Ridge and Hendrickson 

still lots that can change in the next few weeks - there is only 1 more BOA event in Waco and then a few weeks of UIL and polish and grow

San Antonio will be a heck of a show - again, and next years GNats could be a Texas Invasion 

I can think of a band you didn't mention that beat four of those listed just over a week ago.   ;)

It’s a quirky one for sure, as per usual for Leander. But I like it and they sure sound good. I’m obviously biased, so I try to not say too much about Leander here on the forum, but they have my heart, and they look fantastic this season to me! :)

I don’t think it’s quirky, per say (last year definitely was, but I really enjoyed that show). I do agree that they look and sound good this year though! Also, your bias is definitely understandable. I have a bias towards a certain band because I’m apart of it (let’s just say I’m excited to do duke it out with Leander in San Antonio), but I can recognize awesome shows when I see them and Polarity is as awesome as any show I’ve seen!

I did not forget Vista Ridge or Marcus - I was responding to the post on the cycle of change that spanned the past 15+ years and added my thoughts on who was currently dominant and who was dominate and is coming back and the programs that are consistent finalist. Unless I missed something. Vista Ridge finished 16th on SA and missed finals last year and were 18th the year prior. they are having a great year and I wish them the best. Marcus is under new leadership and from what I see (I could be wrong) is new to BOA and it is a UIL year. I have not yet seen their program in a BOA Forum and that may change this week in Waco - but to date it stands that there are many others that deserve mention as possible but there are only 14 spots for finals, as we see every year, we will see some very good programs that will not make the SA Finals 

I think some people misread the doom and gloom on Marcus.

I suggest wherever you are going to rank Keller, put Marcus +/-1 from there.

In my opinion, both comfortable locks for finals.

Agreed.  The kids are the same.  The designers are (likely) the same.  Amanda Drinkwater is still in the district and I'm sure is pitching in where she can.  My bet is that Marcus is somewhere in the 8-10 range in San Antonio

Obviously this means nothing really, considering I'm just some band nerd on a forum, but I think we could see a repeat of last year's finalists minus Avon (duh), and plus Vista Ridge. I think we're gonna see a lot of bands stepping up and being in the cusp of finals, and next year, we're gonna be getting some new first time finalists.

I think the main thing with Marcus is that they aren't a lock yet because we haven't seen them to confirm, not because we are doubting them.

But keep in mind that Marcus has a tradition of excellence that goes back quite a while. Bad years for them have mostly put them in the middle of finals not at the bottom. Not that it couldn't happen, but I would think that it would be very unlikely that they wouldn't be in the finals. 

But keep in mind that Marcus has a tradition of excellence that goes back quite a while. Bad years for them have mostly put them in the middle of finals not at the bottom. Not that it couldn't happen, but I would think that it would be very unlikely that they wouldn't be in the finals.

I agree with you. I think they will will be very successful. I was just making the argument for why people arent including them as a "lock" yet.

Me too #betterthangrandnationals!

When we were at Nationals in 2015 and the Finals list had just been announced the people around us were gushing about all the Texas bands and particularly Hebron's 1st place performance in Semi-Finals. You should have seen the looks on their faces as I explained how Hebron had just finished 3rd in their own school district. Absolutely unforgettable!