2018 BOA San Antonio?

i got a fun little Airbnb right near the Dome for my daughter and myself this year. So excited to be staying so close by this time!

That sounds fun, never thought of looking into an AirBnb.    We are just staying at the Hampton inn, less than a mile away, so within walking distance. 

We will just see Saturday's competition as we can't leave until Friday.   Last year we had to be there bright and early Saturday as my kids wanted to see 

LD Bell (so did I) so we were sprinting down the street and up the pedestrian bridge at 6:45 am (well, I don't call what I do as sprinting!).  But

we got our money's worth that day...  and kept moving seats until we were at the 50 yard line.   Guess I'd better request that day off of work, LOL.   

That sounds fun, never thought of looking into an AirBnb. We are just staying at the Hampton inn, less than a mile away, so within walking distance.

We will just see Saturday's competition as we can't leave until Friday. Last year we had to be there bright and early Saturday as my kids wanted to see

LD Bell (so did I) so we were sprinting down the street and up the pedestrian bridge at 6:45 am (well, I don't call what I do as sprinting!). But

we got our money's worth that day... and kept moving seats until we were at the 50 yard line. Guess I'd better request that day off of work, LOL.

I love Hamptons. Definitely my favorite hotel brand by far.

We plan to arrive on Friday and stay thru Sunday so we can hopefully see nearly all the bands and so I can rest as needed. My daughter has classes at Texas State that morning so we will see how early we actually make it. I'll be anxious for the schedule to come out so I can make my plans. If some of my favorite bands (and there are many!) play Friday morning, I'll be chomping at the bit to get there!

We need our own TXB section at these contests!! :D

I think Reagan band has a really good shot at the top three at least this year. Our directors we're trying to get the district to take us to Grand Nats this year, so they have a HUGE amount of confidence in this year, and our music is incredible, along with our choreography.

Ooh what's your show this year?

I think Reagan band has a really good shot at the top three at least this year. Our directors we're trying to get the district to take us to Grand Nats this year, so they have a HUGE amount of confidence in this year, and our music is incredible, along with our choreography.

Can’t wait to see you guys!

I can confirm that we were told to shut up and were NOT kicked out. Also, I think someone shoe polished my back windshield at some point during the meal.

Okay, I retract my initial statement and will just tell you guys to BEHAVE!!!!  Nothing scarier than fiercely nerdy band enthusiasts at a Whataburger discussing the results after a huge Texas band competition, no siree!!     :lol:

That is interesting, I wonder why?    Although I will be sorry not to see them Saturday when I am there.

Well, I guess I will see them in the finals though!   

Girl, you gotta take off work on Friday and come on down Thursday evening!  There are always some of the best bands with Friday performances.  You gotta take it ALL in!   :D

Okay, I retract my initial statement and will just tell you guys to BEHAVE!!!!  Nothing scarier than fiercely nerdy band enthusiasts at a Whataburger discussing the results after a huge Texas band competition, no siree!!     :lol:

In case you don't recognize this personality from elementary school, this is the person that always told the teacher on you! She has tattletale written all over her... :P

In case you don't recognize this personality from elementary school, this is the person that always told the teacher on you! She has tattletale written all over her... :P

Well, to be fair I AM a preschool director so I know all about the little tattle tales.  I am also considered to be a tad bit bossy.   :lol:

That is interesting, I wonder why?    Although I will be sorry not to see them Saturday when I am there.

Well, I guess I will see them in the finals though!   

Some of us never have had the opportunity to perform in prelims on Saturday. We've always had to travel to SA on Friday, perform in prelims, and go back home and perform at the football game. It was required!

Some of us never have had the opportunity to perform in prelims on Saturday. We've always had to travel to SA on Friday, perform in prelims, and go back home and perform at the football game. It was required!

I just can't imagine Flower Mound having to drive all the way back for the football game that night, that's at least a 4-5 hour drive (more in traffic).  It just surprised me.   I'm not saying schools don't

do it, it's most the North Texas schools normally have been on Saturday.  I hope they don't have to drive back for the game that night, that would be a pretty brutal schedule for those kids, especially since

I can assume they will be doing to state the following week too!       

I just can't imagine Flower Mound having to drive all the way back for the football game that night, that's at least a 4-5 hour drive (more in traffic).  It just surprised me.   I'm not saying schools don't

do it, it's most the North Texas schools normally have been on Saturday.  I hope they don't have to drive back for the game that night, that would be a pretty brutal schedule for those kids, especially since

I can assume they will be doing to state the following week too!       

It depends what your district or principal requires you to do. Ours always required us to come back for the game. Hopefully, they will not have to do the same.