2018 BOA San Antonio?

Hey sorry to interject into this conversation and in the wrong place (I just saw they you were online today so I figured you would come back to this topic) but I would like to offer you and anyone else who lives in Austin to come to the Bowie v. Madison game tonight at “burger” stadium. I personally can’t wait to see the Bowie band given how amazing they are. Hope to see you there!

Yeah I saw that! If it wasn’t Leander’s first home game tonight I definitely would go!

• 4 weeks later...

Any new predictions now with BOA Austin and the productions of show unfolding more and more

it is going to be a crazy event for sure - no way to make a prediction yet, but based on what we have seen so far we can assume that CTJ, Leander and Vandegrift will all be in the top half of finals - should know more next week after we see the DFW (Hebron/FloMo/Bell/Keller) and Houston shows (Reagan/TWHS) that we have not seen in a scored BOA Event- looking at the BOA Schedules, Bowie and Vandy will be at Conroe next week so we will see their shows again. and the following week we see Marcus for the first time, and a few more of yesterdays finalist - (Round Rock/Cedar Park/Henny) in Waco.

3 of the top 4 from last nights finals CTJ/Leander/Vista Ridge do not have any BOA scored events until San Antonio SR - more than a month away, lots of time for them to make changes and polish that no one will see (or Score) until they hit the dome. and what we see from their UIL performances between now and then may not be what we see in the dome.

I know that it is said every year, but this one may be the toughest one yet - and with no big groups going to GNats this year - everyone has their eye on the dome, for BOA SA and UIL 6A State

it is going to be a crazy event for sure - no way to make a prediction yet, but based on what we have seen so far we can assume that CTJ, Leander and Vandegrift will all be in the top half of finals - should know more next week after we see the DFW (Hebron/FloMo/Bell/Keller) and Houston shows (Reagan/TWHS) that we have not seen in a scored BOA Event- looking at the BOA Schedules, Bowie and Vandy will be at Conroe next week so we will see their shows again. and the following week we see Marcus for the first time, and a few more of yesterdays finalist - (Round Rock/Cedar Park/Henny) in Waco.

3 of the top 4 from last nights finals CTJ/Leander/Vista Ridge do not have any BOA scored events until San Antonio SR - more than a month away, lots of time for them to make changes and polish that no one will see (or Score) until they hit the dome. and what we see from their UIL performances between now and then may not be what we see in the dome.

I know that it is said every year, but this one may be the toughest one yet - and with no big groups going to GNats this year - everyone has their eye on the dome, for BOA SA and UIL 6A State

Woo! Your post gave me goosebumps. So excited for State!

Dude - just put down the SMART phone and walk away - there is nothing to see here...

Trust me I do put it down. This is just some free time I happen to have and I’m a little bored. I don’t know if you have noticed, but I have posted a lot less lately except for updates on the contest pages I started. I just like speculating and it’s intriguing to me reading through this stuff. Like I said, I’m not as attached to my phone as you may think.

Trust me I do put it down. This is just some free time I happen to have and I’m a little bored. I don’t know if you have noticed, but I have posted a lot less lately except for updates on the contest pages I started. I just like speculating and it’s intriguing to me reading through this stuff. Like I said, I’m not as attached to my phone as you may think.

unless you are cutting class - your post times say otherwise - always appreciate your posts and candor - just giving you a hard time  :)

Does not look like I will see your show at a FB game until after the marching season ends, so I am looking forward to your show tomorrow at FallFest, hope the weather cooperates 

unless you are cutting class - your post times say otherwise - always appreciate your posts and candor - just giving you a hard time :)

Does not look like I will see your show at a FB game until after the marching season ends, so I am looking forward to your show tomorrow at FallFest, hope the weather cooperates

Don’t worry the only tome I’m on here during the school day is lunch and generally not for long. I’m in six college classes, I don’t have that kind of time lol. Thanks for giving me a hard time :P Also, can’t wait for tomorrow either. I hope you like our show, because I know I do! I personally can’t wait to see Johnson and Reagan for the first time live during the marching season.

Across several of the threads people are commenting that Keller is traditionally a slow starter who finishes with force (I agree) and their fast start this year could be an early indication of what they are capable of by November. The scary part is the HEB Prelims and Finals were just their second and third full dress performances. I can't wait for BOA DFW with Hebron, Flower Mound, Cedar Park, etc. to see how this develops.

Edit for clarification: I want it to be clear that I am not making any predictions regarding outcomes. That's not my thing. I strongly prefer broader discussions about the group of bands attending an event because I've seen how anything can happen once the music starts. For more than 20 years the Keller philosophy has been that they don't compete against anyone. They are in an ongoing personal and collective pursuit of excellence and they don't let judges define or distract them. Of course it's wonderful to be recognised but if the judges choose another band on a particular day it just means we all got to see another great band too. It's still a win for everyone involved (performers and spectators) if doing your best in the pursuit of excellence is the standard. E.g., last year the judges may have given the nod to CTJ but didn't we all win by being a part of those two days of unprecedented excellence on full display?

With that in mind, I was simply expressing my anticipation of seeing how much everyone has grown from the experience.

It’s judged by every other block. Two sets of judges for prelims . And they alternate during blocks . So top 5 for even blocks and top 5 for odd blocks will advance and the the next 4 from all blocks

And it probably won't be much different than the normal early performance time and general scoring debate for the bubble bands.