2019 Band Productions

I knew that Avon would use Little Fugue in G Minor at some point. I mean, they ARE taught by the one and only Matt Harloff. Because Harloff really knows the nuances of that piece (thank you Carolina Crown!) I expect nothing less than picture perfect performances of that piece from Avon no matter what.

We are now less than a month away from the first competitions of the 2019 Fall Season, and bands are continuing to announce their competitive productions.

If you find out about a group's 2019 production, and care to share, please post it to this thread.

I will update this post with the shows as they come in.

A&M Consolidated HS-  "Seasons of Life"

Akins HS-  "The Rhythm Study"

Aldine HS-  "Heart of Japan"

Anderson HS-  "Across the Universe"

Ann Richards School for Young Women Leaders-  "The Heist"

Arlington Heights HS-  "Arabian Nights"

Bellaire HS-  "The Warriors"

Caldwell HS-  "12/25"

Cedar Park HS-  "Icarus: After the Fall"

Chisholm Trail HS-  "A Bird's Eye View"

Cinco Ranch HS-  "Ascendance"

Claudia Taylor Johnson HS-  "Episode Two-The Circle of Life"

Clear Creek HS-  "The Meaning of Light"

College Station HS-  "Written in the Stars"

Cypress Falls HS-  "Wonderland"

Cypress Woods HS-  "Colonization"

DeSoto HS-  "Urban Cowboy - A Journey West"

Dripping Springs HS-  "Mass=F/A"

Forney HS-  "Barriers"

Fossil Ridge HS-  "En Rouge"

Galena Park HS-  "Us and Them"

Glenda Dawson HS-  "Unveiled"

Granbury HS-  "Next Stage"

Haltom HS- "Matador"

Harker Heights HS-  "Rewind"

Hendrickson HS-  "Music for a Decadent People"

J.M. Hanks HS-  "City of Gold"

Jack C. Hays HS-  "The Promise of Tomorrow"

James Bowie HS-  "The Apotheosis"

James Madison HS- "Under Construction"

James Pace Early College HS-  "Tis the Season"

John B. Alexander HS-  "Minutes to Midnight"

John Horn HS-  "Find My Way"

Johnny G. Economedes HS-  "To Infinity..."

Johnson HS-  "jOURney"

Katy HS-  "Framed"

Keller HS-  "Fearless"

L.D. Bell HS-  "Break Away"

Lamar HS (HOU)-  "Lost in the Canopy"

Leander HS-  "Radioactive"

Lebanon Trail HS-  "Rain"

Lockhart HS-  "Interwoven"

Louis D. Brandeis HS-  "Line, Form, Color"

Louise HS-  "The Samurai and The Maiden"

Lumberton HS-  "Beautiful"

Luther Burbank HS-  "La Vida de los Muertos"

Mansfield Summit HS-  "The Last Ones"

Marble Falls HS-  "Lose Yourself"

McAllen HS-  "Desert Winds"

McCollum HS-  "We Come in Peace"

McNeil HS-  "1964: The Future is Now"

Medina Valley HS-  "The Ripple Effect"

Mildred HS-  "A Stretch of the Imagination"

Mission HS-  "One Step Closer"

New Braunfels HS-  "The Only Home We've Ever Known"

North Shore HS-  “Magnum Aviarium”

Paetow HS- "Monsters"

Plano East HS-  "1000 Cranes"

Princeton HS-  "Waves"

Richland HS-  "Barricade"

Riverside HS-  "Blend"

Robert Vela HS-  "Surfing Channel One"

Ronald Reagan HS-  "Secret World"

Round Rock HS-  "A Simple Gesture"

Rouse HS-  "Midnight City"

Royce City HS-  "The Road to Elysium"

Rudder HS-  "Some Rain Must Fall"

Runge HS-  "The Tail of the Beast"

Oak Ridge HS-  "joyUS"

Plano Senior HS-  "Marionette"

Porter HS-  "Power and Grace"

San Benito HS-  "The Summit"

Sandra Day O'Connor HS-  "More Than Machine"

Seven Lakes HS-  "Blue Bizarre"

Sherman HS-  "Spring Eternal"

Springtown HS-  "The Sky is the Limit"

Stephen F. Austin HS-  "Dare to Dream"

Stony Point HS-  "Relativity: Space & Time"

The Woodlands HS-  "On the Town"

Thomas Jefferson HS-  "El Diablo de las Lomas"

Timber Creek HS-  "Myths and Mysteries"

Tom Glenn HS-  "Flourishes and Meditation"

Tomball Memorial HS-  "The Day the Music Died"

United HS-  "Flight 751"

Vandegrift HS-  "Aria of the Night"

Veterans Memorial HS-  "Dia de los Muertos"

Vista Ridge HS-  "Turning the Tables"

Waco HS-  "Radioactive"

Wakeland HS-  "11"

Weiss HS-  "The Golden Goddess"

West Mesquite HS-  "Cityscapes"

Westlake HS-  Opportunity Knocks"

Westwood HS-  "Believe"

Whitney HS-  "How to Survive a Zombie Apocalypse"

William H. Taft HS-  "Carmen: A Spy Story"

Winston Churchill HS-  "Tempted"

Wylie HS-  "From Darkness"

Wylie East HS- "MASSive" 

Mansfield Legacy- A Window to Our Souls

Unfortunately I'm not allowed to send any footage, but I got to see Round Rock's full run from a few days ago... all I can say is that they're going to have a bounce back year for sure. Maybe even top 6 at Grand Nats. 

Top 6! Thats quite a statement. Especially with all of the other Texas bands going.

What makes it better? I’m always confused by this from the Indy bands. When I ask it in other forums I usually get jumped on, but I feel safer asking it here. What is it that makes it better than what CTJ and Leander are doing right now? I’m trying so hard to learn what to look for this season so I can better understand what the judges are looking for when I am watching a competition. Is it a style that just resonates better in Indy? That classical style? Do they prefer the classics over contemporary? Is classical music more difficult to march to? More lovely to listen to in the judges minds? I really want to understand it all better!

Why do I feel like the FloMarching guy wrote this description of Carmel specifically directed at me? :lol:

(It’s an article called Preview 2019 BOA Kentucky on FloMarching). It says...

For those who don’t understand why Carmel is such a consistent regional, super regional, and national champion, one thing to pay attention to is their dynamic control. Many bands can play loud and soft, but Carmel masters more advanced dynamics and shaping with crescendos (steadily increasing volume) and diminuendos (steadily decreasing volume, as well as subito (sudden) changes in volume.

This is a huge way Carmel sets themselves apart in the eyes and ears of the music effect judges, who together contribute 40% of the total score.

Of course, it’s not just their musical excellence. With rare exception, there is always some sort of motion on the field. Whether it’s physically demanding drill or their world-class color guard members throwing (and catching) challenging tosses, a Carmel production offers nonstop engagement for the audience.

Just caught Carmel on the livestream. My thoughts are tempered now. I think it’s a really really good show, with a lot of great moments. They’re just not performing it now and a smaller guard isn’t giving the staging moments we’re used to from them (but their work is pretty good still). They’ll more likely medal than not, and gold isn’t out of the question. But I now think there’s plenty of room for a new winner here.

Just caught Carmel on the livestream. My thoughts are tempered now. I think it’s a really really good show, with a lot of great moments. They’re just not performing it now and a smaller guard isn’t giving the staging moments we’re used to from them (but their work is pretty good still). They’ll more likely medal than not, and gold isn’t out of the question. But I now think there’s plenty of room for a new winner here.

Smaller guard? there were multiple times when the guard covered the entire football field. 

I agree - the video I saw last week did not have the usual WOW factor that you get from Carmel - while it is still very early, I was underwhelmed - it will be interesting to see how it develops 

I agree - the video I saw last week did not have the usual WOW factor that you get from Carmel - while it is still very early, I was underwhelmed - it will be interesting to see how it develops

No offense to Carmel whatsoever, but I am ALWAYS underwhelmed by them at first. And if I’m being completely honest, as much as I hate to admit it, I feel the same way about Avon early in the season. It always takes me a good month of viewing both groups on FloMarching before I begin to truly appreciate what they are doing. I know that we will all enjoy both shows tremendously in Lucas Oil where we can get more of a true idea of how incredibly well they play and march.

I’m predicting Avon over Carmel this season, but I am not yet convinced that an Indy band takes Grand Nats just yet. I need to hear more from both, and also see what unfolds in the Austin, Houston and DFW BOA competitions first.

My gut is whispering now that a Texas band takes at least two of the three medals.