2019 Band Productions

I'm so glad that there aren't any videos of Westwood out there yet.  The social media blackout seems to be working.  I expect that to change this weekend, though with us playing Hendrickson.  

Yes I'm a Westwood homer.  They shook House Park with their opening note during their halftime show on Friday.  The show is flat out fun.

I'm so glad that there aren't any videos of Westwood out there yet.  The social media blackout seems to be working.  I expect that to change this weekend, though with us playing Hendrickson.  

Yes I'm a Westwood homer.  They shook House Park with their opening note during their halftime show on Friday.  The show is flat out fun.

I'm looking forward to seeing the show when Vista plays Westwood next week.  Sorry in advance that you won't get to see our competition show.  

I did come across one video of Westwood from the Eastview vs WW fb game. There is music playing over the band so you can't hear the band but you can see the drill. You can't always control everything. Someone from Belton posted Round Rock at their last fb game,but that has since been removed.

They sound amazing! I can't stop listening to that clarinet solo. 

I absolutely love the big band sound. Growing up I would listen to jazz and big band (with a focus on trumpet) - Dizzy, Doc, Maynard, Miles, Wynton and many others. I would even stay up late just to listen to the Tonight Show Band (Johnny Carson's show, with the band led by Doc Severinsen for those that are too young). I was only able to see Maynard Ferguson once live, but it was a great experience for a teenager. I grew up about 1 hour south of Cincinnati, and the US Air Force band from Wright Patterson Air Force base in Dayton, OH would come to my high school about once a year to give a concert, and I loved it. One of the songs that I really got into (and this ties to clarinet) was, and still is, Sing Sing Sing. Benny Goodman!

Anybody see Marcus or Reagan yet? Marcus was waaaay better last year than people gave them credit for. Alas, both groups are usually pretty good about keeping their shows off of the Internet before the first contest. Every time I try searching for one of them on YouTube, the Leander video pops up again instead. :lol:

Anybody see Marcus or Reagan yet? Marcus was waaaay better last year than people gave them credit for. Alas, both groups are usually pretty good about keeping their shows off of the Internet before the first contest. Every time I try searching for one of them on YouTube, the Leander video pops up again instead. :lol:

Even old Marcus shows are like finding a four leaf clover. I've never seen their 2015 show :(

Even old Marcus shows are like finding a four leaf clover. I've never seen their 2015 show :(

I think that's the one where they did a bunch of 5th symphonies. V? Something like that. I remember the trumpets were on these little elevator platforms. It was cool. Great year for them. I think I predicted a DFW-area medal sweep after watching prelims. FM, Hebron, and Marcus were all just so impressive that year. Unfortunately, only FM ended up in the top 3, but they won it!

It’s outta control I tell ya! All the Texas bands are in on it. They’re paying parents from other schools to film us and put it on YouTube. :lol: Wonder who at Stony Point HS will film it this week...

It’s outta control I tell ya! All the Texas bands are in on it. They’re paying parents from other schools to film us and put it on YouTube. :lol: Wonder who at Stony Point HS will film it this week...

It'll be okay. Leander's show is strong enough to withstand being seen before the first contest. Also, most of the top groups have at least had something leak already, and more leaks will come.

I absolutely love the big band sound. Growing up I would listen to jazz and big band (with a focus on trumpet) - Dizzy, Doc, Maynard, Miles, Wynton and many others. I would even stay up late just to listen to the Tonight Show Band (Johnny Carson's show, with the band led by Doc Severinsen for those that are too young). I was only able to see Maynard Ferguson once live, but it was a great experience for a teenager. I grew up about 1 hour south of Cincinnati, and the US Air Force band from Wright Patterson Air Force base in Dayton, OH would come to my high school about once a year to give a concert, and I loved it. One of the songs that I really got into (and this ties to clarinet) was, and still is, Sing Sing Sing. Benny Goodman!

Love it. The Woodlands is bringing something new to the table, that's for sure.

Hmmm, maybe the bands should send a video of their shows to FLO so they can actually plan how they present the shows rather than the random cuts?

Yes I have often thought they should assign certain cameramen to certain shows throughout the season so they can learn the best things to highlight by the end of the season.

I think seeing how Marcus evolves is going to be interesting. As far as I know (and I might be very wrong) a lot of the design was done in-house by Drinkwater when she was there. And it was obvious that they were set up with that same caliber of design last year. So will the new directors be left to their own resources this year?

I did come across one video of Westwood from the Eastview vs WW fb game. There is music playing over the band so you can't hear the band but you can see the drill. You can't always control everything. Someone from Belton posted Round Rock at their last fb game,but that has since been removed.

Oh I know.  It's just I like the idea of them coming in under the radar.  The show is a complete 180 from last years show, and they are so much further along as well.  They are a happy bunch and I'm so proud and excited for them.

Oh I know.  It's just I like the idea of them coming in under the radar.  The show is a complete 180 from last years show, and they are so much further along as well.  They are a happy bunch and I'm so proud and excited for them.

Can't wait to see you guys, I really can't!!  Westwood has historically had some of my VERY favorite shows!

Leander and Cedar Park look amazing, I can't wait to see what their final product looks like. Any word on Vista Ridge and Vandegrift's 2019 productions?  :huh:

Yes....they're FANTASTIC!  Vista Ridge is looking and sounding all DCI-like this season, and Vandegrift is putting on a gorgeous show with incredible music as always.  Can't wait to see them all in one place at BOA Austin and again at LISD Festival of Bands on October 7th ( a week later than usual!).  

Yes....they're FANTASTIC!  Vista Ridge is looking and sounding all DCI-like this season, and Vandegrift is putting on a gorgeous show with incredible music as always.  Can't wait to see them all in one place at BOA Austin and again at LISD Festival of Bands on October 7th ( a week later than usual!).  

That's great! Can't wait to see them at BOA Austin!