2019 BOA Grand National Championships

I got two in section 242....row 8, seats 1 and 2.  Not too bad, really.  SO much better than we had 3 years ago up in the 600s!

I'm going to wait and buy prelims tickets and semis tickets when I get there.  It's GA anyway and I don't want to pay Ticketmaster anymore crazy fees than I have to!

Edit:  Or are semi finals tickets assigned seats?  I'll keep checking.  Oddly enough, semi finals isn't available for purchase yet!

I got two in section 242....row 8, seats 1 and 2.  Not too bad, really.  SO much better than we had 3 years ago up in the 600s!

I'm going to wait and buy prelims tickets and semis tickets when I get there.  It's GA anyway and I don't want to pay Ticketmaster anymore crazy fees than I have to!

Edit:  Or are semi finals tickets assigned seats?  I'll keep checking.  Oddly enough, semi finals isn't available for purchase yet!

Semi's is primarily GA. Look to be some reserved loge level seats.

Well I’m not really a reserved club kind of girl so I’ll wait. :D

I had knee replacement surgery last year - so I like the the padded seating, extra legroom and the lounges at the club level so I get up an sit on a couch for awhile when needed - 130 performances over 3 days is a long time to be sitting in a stadium with no leg room. I got the reserved club for finals as well - being old gets expensive  :)

I had knee replacement surgery last year - so I like the the padded seating, extra legroom and the lounges at the club level so I get up an sit on a couch for awhile when needed - 130 performances over 3 days is a long time to be sitting in a stadium with no leg room. I got the reserved club for finals as well - being old gets expensive  :)

I hear you.  I have rheumatoid arthritis and fibromyalgia so I am definitely looking to rest more if I can that weekend than I did last time we went.  Ha...that will probably not happen until I get home!  I always have good intentions of going to my car during BOA contests and resting but I rarely do it.  I don't know if the club level would help me with that or not!!

I hope your knee is better than ever this year.  :)

• 4 weeks later...

So as a change of pace, I randomly came across this video from what is arguably the strongest AA program not named Tarpon Springs or Marian Catholic:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7gKYTrNLpW0.

Still a work in progress, but not bad for this stage of the season.

Yeah North Hardin is really good! I've been watching their shows for the past 4 years and loved every one of them!

North Hardin will only continue to grow in the years to come

I think they have a shot at beating Marian Catholic for the 2A title this year. Their show yesterday was better than the video I posted, and still has lots of room to grow. They are a fringe finalist in my mind, and I think that is what they are shooting for with what they are presenting this year.

Another small band to watch this year is 1A Bourbon County. Their show is high energy, performed well, and they have an outstanding sound for a small band, with lots of dynamics. I predict they make semi-finals on score, not class advancement.

Carmel's show is going to be outstanding. I actually liked what I saw yesterday.

I thought Carmel was absolutely beautiful...it’s shocking to me how clean they were, but that’s probably because I’m used to Texas bands who have much less rehearsal time and usually have more dirt and more unfinished productions at early competitions. Musically, I personality think that this is a very strong start for Carmel and visually it’s obviously stunning.

• 3 weeks later...

Is this the same video from earlier? Anyway, I still love it. Both Avon and Carmel are on fire this year. It's going to be even harder than usual to top them at Nationals.

Yes, the same one from a few weeks ago. I was just sending it because someone over on the San Antonio thread asked if there was a video.

I love it too. Heard they swept captions and won over Carmel at a local competition.

Granting the Avon clip is a month old - where's the MGE? Pachelbel's Canon is not a MGE monster.... Beautiful music of course, and Avon will figure out something I think. Visuals alone won't be enough, as I think we have some TX groups that will be close enough in visuals.

I'll dissent further - I think the Carmel show is very good, but it reminds me more of 9 Lives level of show (only level, not content of course) from 2015. They could be as low as 5th or 6th (or could pull out 4 in a row). Avon will probably be in the top 5. I think it is possible we'll have enough top level TX bands with outstanding shows (i.e. top half SA finalists) to put Avon's run of top 3 finishes at GN in jeopardy. Of course, there are still several weeks to go, and lots of cleaning and changes. Should be a fun season end.

One band we haven't seen/heard much about that may be rebounding is William Mason. Are they making a full comeback?

@LeanderMomma - gauntlet dropped! :)

All I’ve ever known since I first attended GN in 2016 was a Carmel win. And Avon top 3. And I wasn’t crazy about any of those shows in 16, 17 or 18. I do, however, really like what both are doing this year! Hey, maybe that means that a Texas band has a bit more hope this year....since I actually like the Indiana shows. :lol: