2018 BOA San Antonio?

I described them roughly in the order that I prefer them going into the contest. But, I don't feel so strongly about where the shows belong that I would find it unreasonable for some other educated person to mix the order up. There will be about an extra week of cleaning for the groups, plus the venue change (which is a big consideration), so even my own opinions might change after watching San Antonio.

And yes, I am now Atropos on the Music for All Forums. I've been on the BOA forums under different names for about 2 decades. I used to post essays on contests all the time, but I don't really have the energy to do it as much these days.

I always enjoy your commentary here. I’m sad to think of you leaving anytime soon!

Something rather cool happened earlier tonight. Haltom decided to perform their show in between freshman football games at the FAAC. The game tomorrow night is at the old Birdville stadium and it's grass and kinda messed up. So they'll be at the game but won't perform at halftime. Anyway, so the highsteppers, cheerleaders, herders (pep squad for us old fogies), and the freshman football team made a big "Good luck" banner for the band AND the varsity team showed up in the stands to cheer for the band during their performance. That's what I call school spirit! Loved it! #weareHaltom 

Wishing the Pride and all bands best wishes over the next couple of days! Can't wait!!

Just chiming in for the first time. I watch from the sides like Rubisco.

I think the top four will include CTJ, Flower Mound, Reagan, and Woodlands.

All four shows have strong points. Clean is not as important as effective. Will the crowd enjoy it?

Not will whitewing or Lkendrick or banddad or Leandermama enjoy. But will the crowd? The bloggers here are amazing but they are homers.

Whitewing loves dfw. Rubisco love woodlands. Banddad loves San Antonio.

I don’t care who wins. But based on concept I think Flower Mound or CTJ will take gold. Reagan third. Great shows.

I'd like to throw out there that I haven't seen Marcus AT ALL this season. So, they're a bit of a wild card for me. Based on UIL Area C results, they were the pretty clear favorite for 3rd place, at least in prelims. In finals, their visual scores were a bit lower. Maybe visual will be a little bit of an issue? I'm hesitant to predict BOA results using UIL results.

Ladies, be sure to read the Alamodome's policy on purses and bags. Purses not only have to meet the outside dimension requirements but the thickness requirement as well. Anything larger and thicker has to be clear or see-through. I saw a lot of people waking back to their cars this morning.

Great reminder!

I have my clear stadium bag all ready to go.  No purse at all.  :)

I’m excited to read any comments today; I love seeing everybody’s response to not only our show, but everybody else’s as well. It’s like reading a well-written book.

You guys truly looked fantastic today!  I wish SO BADLY that I could have been there to see and hear it live.  I know the sound was incredible.  I can tell that you guys had a GREAT run!!!