Hebron

Vandegrift

Cedar Ridge

The Woodlands

Cedar Park

-

First Four: Vista Ridge, Coppell, Keller, Rouse, 

-

I’ve decided I don’t want to over-explain this. If you have any qualms or are puzzled by anything do ask.

2 hours ago, lost said:

I have a much more descriptive prediction but for now here’s what I have:

Panel 1:

Flower Mound

Marcus

Claudia Taylor Johnson

Ronald Reagan

Round Rock

-

Panel 2:

Hebron

Vandegrift

Cedar Ridge

The Woodlands

Cedar Park

-

-

I’ve decided I don’t want to over-explain this. If you have any qualms or are puzzled by anything do ask.

Curious about your Keller and Rouse predictions. I don't want to bad mouth any bands as the kids work extremely hard, but I think the showings in the past from both bands have been greater than as of recent.

6 hours ago, averagebandnerd said:

Curious about your Keller and Rouse predictions. I don't want to bad mouth any bands as the kids work extremely hard, but I think the showings in the past from both bands have been greater than as of recent.

There are groups better than Keller right now, but historically they’ve always cleaned to the very end so I’m willing to give them the benefit of the doubt.

Rouse isn’t at the level they were last season but they’re still keeping pace behind some of the strongest groups this season. It was them or Cy-Fair and I think Rouse has more room to clean and refine.

I think that left Rouse and Keller as the safest choices for now.

9 hours ago, lost said:

Panel 1:

Flower Mound

Marcus

Claudia Taylor Johnson

Ronald Reagan

Round Rock

-

Panel 2:

Hebron

Vandegrift

Cedar Ridge

The Woodlands

Cedar Park

-

-

Can you remind me how the panels work?  Is it top 5 bands from each panel advance and then the next 4 based on score across both panels?

With all due respect to the panel 1 bands, I think the next 4 will all come from panel 2. It looks simply way more stacked all through the bubble than panel 1. 

Panel 1 top 5-

Reagan, CTJ, Flower Mound, Marcus, and either Cy-Fair or Round Rock

Panel 2 top 5-

Hebron, Vandegrift, Cedar Ridge, Cedar Park, and TWHS

That’s still not acknowledging Vista Ridge, Coppell, Westlake, Westwood, Bell, and Rouse. It’s very possible we see a band like Vista Ridge or Coppell make it into finals as a next 4 band, but still be a top-half finalist.

12 hours ago, lost said:

Panel 1:

Flower Mound

Marcus

Claudia Taylor Johnson

Ronald Reagan

Round Rock

-

Panel 2:

Hebron

Vandegrift

Cedar Ridge

The Woodlands

Cedar Park

-

-

How does The Woodlands and Cedar Park beat Vista Ridge? Just wondering

6 minutes ago, BandFan95 said:

How does The Woodlands and Cedar Park beat Vista Ridge? Just wondering

Yeah i agree with this. Maybe CP barely takes them but I don’t think the Woodlands will. I personally think the Woodlands will be closer to the bottom half this year. It’s a great show, but I don’t feel like it’s gonna be on the same level as everyone else.

Yikes, this is looking to be a year that rivals 2017 in scores. Is it too late to expand finals to 20 bands?

Jokes aside, for band members in those bands on the bubble (Coppell, Keller, Leander, etc.) don’t lose hope! It all comes down to the day. Enjoy your season and throw when you get to the dome!

(And for my usual Keller bias- I have high hopes of what they will be able to do for the rest of the season. It’s going to be hard, and they are going to HAVE to earn it, but if anyone can take back their season, it would be them.)

11 hours ago, lost said:

There are groups better than Keller right now, but historically they’ve always cleaned to the very end so I’m willing to give them the benefit of the doubt.

Rouse isn’t at the level they were last season but they’re still keeping pace behind some of the strongest groups this season. It was them or Cy-Fair and I think Rouse has more room to clean and refine.

I think that left Rouse and Keller as the safest choices for now.

Keller's show confuses me. I miss the days when Keller was just known for putting out super hard drill and music and just working their butts off at achieving that. That 2019 show was awesome to see performed in person. 

Finals locks in my mind: Hebron, Vandy, CTJ, Reagan, Flo Mo, Marcus, Cedar Ridge, Coppell, Cedar Park, and TWHS.     

Vista Ridge and Round Rock also look especially strong but then you have about 1 million other bands that could easily be in finals too (Keller, Rouse, Westlake, Cy-Fair, Pearland, Seven Lakes, LD Bell, James Bowie, etc.)

The last time Leander missed finals at a competition was in 2013, and for Keller, 2014. With the staff changes and crazy unfortunate sickness going around at Leander, finals just might not be in the cards for them this year. Keller has me more conflicted. They sound like a solid finalist, but idk if the design is quite there yet. Imo, their 2021 show was actually a bit weaker and less interesting, and they still made finals pretty comfortably with a majority of judges having them top 7 in prelims. Luckily, both bands know how to peak at the right time. 

What’s exciting about this competition is that there will always be surprises with who makes finals/who doesn’t because sooooo much will change in the next few weeks.

13 hours ago, averagebandnerd said:

I wouldn't say Rouse is crazy behind last year, our show this year is significantly harder then last year so the skill ceiling is higher. We'll just have to very diligent with our cleaning.

While Keller is having a rough early season they do tend to peak later on, so I wouldn't could them out just yet. I'd say there are 15 bands that have a VERY solid chance at finals  

From Panel 1 I think Reagan, Flower Mound, Marcus, and CTJ are locks for the top 5. The last spot is more open between bands like Round Rock, Cy-Fair, Leander, Bowie, and Keller, with Round Rock looking a little bit further ahead than the rest. For me the Panel 2 locks right now are Hebron, Vandegrift, the Woodlands, and Cedar Ridge. The last spot I see coming down to between Vista Ridge, Cedar Park, and Coppell, which is crazy considering I could see all three of them breaking into the top half. This isn't even considering other Panel 2 bands like Rouse, Westlake, LD Bell, etc. There's a fair chance we could be seeing three or maybe even all four of the next four bands coming from Panel 2. Again though, with over three weeks left before this event so much could change until then.