They did not make state finals last year. Barely missed.

ahh...my memory fails me then. My bad.

Either way my earlier surprise call of Shadow Creek didn't pan out :(. Oh well...can't get em all right. Again as others have noted, shows the unpredictability of these events especially since we are all going off of historical results for this first contest.

AISD - Bowie isnt going anywhere and Lake Travis comes back after "tuba video".

Interesting that no other AISD bands were here today except Ann Richards. The rest of them opted for CapCity. 

On that note Ann Richards comes in 2nd to Hays CISD newcomer Johnson HS (first year in existence..so many new schools popping up in central texas)

Shocking to me that Round Rock HS made it in to state finals last year but not into a BOA regional today? I wonder if their early performance time (2nd of the day) had an effect? Any performance times yet?

No, this result was correct for today. There were very clear reasons why today's performance was not good enough to make the finals. They are capable of doing better and I hope they will in the coming weeks.

Lake Travis made finals at McAllen in 2015 (I think) and Westwood has made finals at Atlanta in 2015 and St. Louis in 2017. This does mark Westwood’s first year making BOA finals in their home state of Texas, consider their stake claimed in this great state and congrats to Rouse for their first BOA finals appearance in history. And of course, congrats to LT once again because Austin and McAllen are very different competitions.

Lake Travis made finals at McAllen in 2015 (I think) and Westwood has made finals at Atlanta in 2015 and St. Louis in 2017. This does mark Westwood’s first year making BOA finals in their home state of Texas, consider their stake claimed in this great state and congrats to Rouse for their first BOA finals appearance in history. And of course, congrats to LT once again because Austin and McAllen are very different competitions.

You're right! Totally forgot about that re: LT. Oops.

And yes, but Westwood had made two super regional finals, but not a regular regional final until tonight!

Does anyone know the penalty value for going under the six minute minimum for performances at BOA?

.1 for every three seconds under. Having a 5:30 show will kill you in a competition like this.