6. Pioneer H.S

7. Pioneer H.S

8. Pioneer H.S

9. Pioneer H.S

10. Pioneer H.S

Music: Pioneer H.S

Visual: Pioneer H.S

GE: Pioneer H.S

I don't know man... Have you heard Pioneer this year? I think they're a real contender for a medal, definitely above Pioneer. I also think it's a little risky to give Pioneer gold above Pioneer, but I could be wrong.

I don't know man... Have you heard Pioneer this year? I think they're a real contender for a medal, definitely above Pioneer. I also think it's a little risky to give Pioneer gold above Pioneer, but I could be wrong.

I'd have to disagree with you there, I think that Pioneer is gonna take that medal right out from Pioneer's fingertips

Great job Vandy! They won by a landslide, too! I am so excited that all three of these medalist groups are going to Grand Nats this year!

In all I did pretty good on my predictions. I got 5/10 exactly right and another 3 within 1 or 2 places. Also I got 2/3 captions right.

Hopefully I can keep my first place stansingin the predictions competition, especially after I didnt do super well in the Mansfield and Friendswood contests.

Man, I’m inexperienced when it comes to competition of this level! First experience observing bands @ BOA Austin since 2015!! Granted, I listened quite passively and took the contest as pure entertainment, relaxing my competitive mind a bit.

Lake Travis with 7th place! Was not expecting them ahead of Bowie, but in retrospect I can’t say I disagree (I listened to both passively, I’ll admit). They had some of the strongest ensemble sounds outside the top 5. Band on the rise, folks!

Congrats to Vandegrift. >1.5 point lead! Cleanliness = Added Effect. Vandy knows this. Shake up GN with this philosophy!

Leander and CTJ’s shows are both so much fun. So glad they’re going to GN to showcase their productions to the nation.

CTJ deserves another shoutout. I did notice wacky forms but I would NOT have suspected an unforeseen obstruction for the whole show. Absolutely wild.

Some more history / recap tidbits to keep track of:

• Vandegrift's third regional win tonight!
  • Fun fact--last time Leander and CTJ went to nationals, they were second and third behind... Vandegrift.
  • Leander is starting to bridesmaid this regional a bit. 2nd in 2014, 2016, 2018, and 2019. Additionally, they were technically 2nd in 2015 and were 2nd in prelims in 2017. However, they prevented Vandegrift from sweeping like they did in prelims.
  • CTJ's rough run didn't seem to do them in--they were 3rd by a similar margin in prelims.
  • Cedar Ridge has surely staked its claim as Round Rock ISD's top dog now.
  • Lake Travis in 7th is going to set them up for dramatic success this season. I would start looking at them seriously for a top half placement in St Louis and a photo finish to finals at San Antonio.

And while it's sad to see two regulars out of finals--both had made finals at this regional every single year they've attended (every year of the regional's existence for Rock and every year but the first for Hendrickson)--it is great to see fresh new faces in the night show. Congrats again to Rouse, Lake Travis, and Westwood. Clearly, those spots were earned. 

Every band that performed was a treat. Lake Travis stood out such a powerful sound. This is their break out year. They’re going to make finals at St Louise I do not doubt it. Project Stravinsky was the start of a great era for this band and now it’s continuing with Eternal!

Congratulations to Vandegrift on the gold and breaking an 86 tough to do this early! It’s a record for the Austin regional right? Congratulations To Leander as well for snatching the visual caption, you deserved it. Kudos to CTJ for fighting through some prop issues and taking the bronze! Vista is building up to be great! Can’t wait to see what Cedar Ridge has in store same for Rouse and Westwood! Great regional.

Does anyone know why these schools got penalties? (got this off of the horn rank results page)

*Penalties
Belton received a 0.3 point penalty
Hendrickson and Johnson received a 0.8 point penalty
Wagner received a 1.4 point penalty
Shadow Creek received a 1.8 point penalty
Byron P. Steele received a 3.3 point penalty