2019 Band Productions

Yes.

And it begins. Road to Grand Nationals 2019: “Aria of the Night” featuring Mozart’s “Requiem” and “Queen of the Night” aria from The Magic Flute. Get ready, Vandy fans #mozartmashup #glitteringstars #ariaofthenight2019

Wow! some great contrasts in shows already within LISD South with more contemporary music from Leander vs. Mozart from Vandy.   It's going to be a great year, I am getting fired up already!

The musical selections have me very excited and intrigued, much more so than usual for a Leander show. I’m usually skeptical about their music selections for what ever reason but they always knock it out of the park. The mix of many genres such as classical, pop, minimalist, brass band, and film score that bands like Leander, FloMo, and Keller have used recently provides, in my opinion, a more creative and exciting production. Rather than just the same overused pieces of classical music (cough cough *vandy* cough cough *marcus*) :/

Edit: I didn’t even see Vandy’s show reveal before writing this but It basically proves my point...

Your timing was a bit uncanny.

Vandegrift does incredible things with classical music though. It will be amazing no doubt!

Impressive choices from Leander. Can’t wait to hear it on the field!! Haven’t heard the music selections from CTJ yet. But between Grand Nats in Nov and Mid West clinic in Dec, we’re going to be busy!! (and cold!!)

CTJ Music for the season is awesome - just what everyone has come to expect from them - 

Wow really exciting stuff! Brandeis is in full gear for this next year. This year we are getting a dance company and costumes for our show. Hoping to move up to be able to compete with CTJ and Reagan. Also, getting Jeremy Spicer and Jude boughton as show designers should help! The show is not released yet but music is almost finished. I'm so excited for next year as I think it will be a big step up for us!

Wow really exciting stuff! Brandeis is in full gear for this next year. This year we are getting a dance company and costumes for our show. Hoping to move up to be able to compete with CTJ and Reagan. Also, getting Jeremy Spicer and Jude boughton as show designers should help! The show is not released yet but music is almost finished. I'm so excited for next year as I think it will be a big step up for us!

I look forward to seeing Brandeis' show at the Vista Ridge Marching Festival.

Just watched John B. Alexander HS's reveal video on youtube

2019 Show title: Minutes to Midnight

Featuring music by:

Aaron Copland

Inon Zur - I'm assuming music from fallout 4

Hans Zimmer

Karel Husa

Gustav Holst

Guiseppe Verdi

Fallout 4 music would make sense if Minutes to Midnight is a reference to the Doomsday Clock (I’m guessing that’s either proven or debunked in their show reveal, but I haven’t seen it)

I'm a little late catching up on this thread, but lots of super exciting stuff to look forward to already for this season. 

Perhaps its my tenure on here, but also feeling the need to say something... Whoever was throwing shade about bands playing classical instead of contemporary, or whatever, let's not project that unnecessary energy into this forum. Seriously, not even worth the wasted exertion. Every band in BOA cannot be reaching for the esotericism and avant-garde styles Leander/CTJ/FM. if this was the case, y'all would be b****ing about every band striving to be weird for the sake of being weird! LMAO

We need the Marcuses just as much as we need the CTJs/Leander/ FM. Let's love on all bands and keep up this positive forum energy we saw at a new height last fall.

Definitely excited to get our show on the field! We are excited to give people another year of Rouse's constant improvement and development for the fourth year in a row! We are all very excited to start developing it alongside our other LISD schools as we all work towards strong goals this season!

This will be fantastic.