2019 Band Productions

Westlake (TX) - "Opportunity Knocks"

"Traveler"- David Maslanka

"Enjoy the Silence" - Depeche Mode/Eric Whitacre

"Break on Through" - The Doors

Original Music By Carol Britten Chambers

Typically known for classical and conservative shows - I am glad to see Westlake branching out into more modern show design. They have been a great band for a long time now - but show design was holding them back. Last year, "Myspherical" was a great step in that direction and it looks like they will continue with "Opportunity Knocks."

Typically known for classical and conservative shows - I am glad to see Westlake branching out into more modern show design. They have been a great band for a long time now - but show design was holding them back. Last year, "Myspherical" was a great step in that direction and it looks like they will continue with "Opportunity Knocks."

I was fascinated with that big rolling ball in the Westlake show last fall.  It was definitely one of the best Westlake shows that there has been in awhile!  

Also I'm definitely noticing a lot more bands using Maslanka music on the field now. I guess Avon started the trend!

Correct me if I'm wrong, but I believe that he was very much against his music being changed/adapted for the field, and in general, but he made rare exceptions, i.e. Bixby 2016 & Avon 2017. But unfortunately, he recently passed, meaning his music is easier to get the rights to for the field.

Seems like it might be a very similar show to “Knock” from Spirit this summer, which makes me very excited to see what they bring!

Correct me if I'm wrong, but I believe that he was very much against his music being changed/adapted for the field, and in general, but he made rare exceptions, i.e. Bixby 2016 & Avon 2017. But unfortunately, he recently passed, meaning his music is easier to get the rights to for the field.

That’s what I heard as well. He has a lot of music that could easily fit into a marching show imo, but I’m still surprised that multiple bands are using his music since he was against his music being used outdoors during his lifetime.

Lumberton - "Beautiful"

A Thousand Years - Christina Perri

The Marriage of Figaro, Overture - Wolfgang Amadeus Mozart

Shallow (From A Star is Born) - Lady Gaga

Young and Beautiful - Lana Del Rey

The show is about how everyone is beautiful whether they are young or older. The show is about the band members beauty.                                                                                                                           I would also like to point out that I will be assisting drill for this show with my head director. I have been wanting to do this for years and cant wait to showcase my skill in drill design to everyone out there! 

I would also like to point out that I will be assisting drill for this show with my head director. I have been wanting to do this for years and cant wait to showcase my skill in drill design to everyone out there!

Wow, hun! That’s fantastic. I hope you have the most amazing year! And that I get to see this show!

This seems as good a place to put this as any other...

https://www.facebook.com/131944933548177/posts/2158232857586031/

TOMORROW NIGHT (Tuesday May 14) at 7pm (CDT) join us on Facebook LIVE for an interview with Vista Ridge High School (2018 UIL 6A Texas State Champion) Associate Director of Bands, Reid Atkinson!

We’ll be talking about their summer and fall planning process, the 2018 season, their unique teaching and cleaning process for drill, staff coordination, and lots more.

#UDBfamily #cleandrill #marchingband #marchingbands #drumcorps

Vista Ridge Band Boosters University Interscholastic League