2019 Band Productions

I’m so ready to see these shows in person. I think this season is not only going to be good because it’s a GN year for six of us, but also because of the higher level so many of the Texas bands are now performing at. I know I keep saying it, but I honestly don’t think we have any clue who will win in San Antonio this year. Obviously we never know for sure, but I am thinking this year in particular will be a surprising one. Here are some of my crazy thoughts:

Vista Ridge will be at the top half of finals all season long. This show is special. Like GN kind of special. Reminds me of stuff you see there, and not in a typical Texas way. Wish they were going!

Cedar Park will be back in finals. This show is fantastic. Grabs you by the throat on the very first note and doesn’t let go.

CTJ will be in the top half of everything as well, but will also be talked about across the nation for their style, unique look and fabulous show this season. People who didn’t really know of CTJ before will know now.

Hebron may just win every contest they enter this season. EVERY one. (I can’t wait for BOA DFW). I hope they have the visual package to match their incredible sound!

FloMo is gonna really have to bring the mojo....and they will.

TWHS—they are keeping quiet. I have no clue!

Vandy will show us some exciting things we haven’t seen from them before...but they’re still Vandy. In all the best ways. ;)

Marcus, Keller and Round Rock...my gut is silent here. I just don’t know what to expect, but oh how I have hope! Bring it, Marcus, Keller and The Rock Band!

Cedar Ridge and Hendrickson are rebuilding in my opinion. We will have to wait and see. Can’t wait to see them at football games against Leander the next two weeks!

Leander. Y’all, last night I thought I entered another dimension (see what I did there?) and was watching Claudia Taylor. Guys, these kids can DANCE! :lol: I mean FO REAL. Y’all just wait for the Britney Spears section. Everyone in the stands is going to want to stand up and shake their booties in this part of the show. So stinkin fun! This show is just so interesting, fast, entertaining and cool. Definitely going to be one that is talked about for a long time.

I know Vista Murietta is working really hard on their show this year, but they are going to have to REALLY step up their game to make finals in San Antonio. I’m looking so forward to seeing them!

You guys...we say it every year, but wow....THIS SEASON IS ON FIRE!

We have barely seen the effects in the last few weeks because we’ve been on the visitors side and can’t get to the other side to see the show. Next week we finally are the home team again! Our guard got their costumes yesterday... and wore them for the first time.

We saw the back side of oak ridge’s show last night. Hard to get a good idea of it from there, but it sounded nice (again- from behind)

Checked out that CTJ clip on Instagram. I love the way that the re-used music is written... it starts off as it did in 2017, and fools you into thinking it’ll keep being the exact same, and then morphs into completely different rhythms. Cool stuff. For me, at least, the program has the most distinct sound in BOA. I think I could be blindfolded, played fresh music and still know it’s them. Excited for the rest of the show! Anyone else see that earlier clip of the opener with the woodwinds hauling absolute a**? It’s gonna be a monstrous season

Interesting.... my son and I was there on the 50 and watched them live.  We said the Eagle was flying to Texas this year after their show.  Lots of long notes and another soloist, but the sound was not what we expected after an earlier class B smaller band actually surprised us more with their sound.  Its all early with plenty of time to clean and change for everyone.  Carmel's score was a 69.0 tonight, 10+ over 2nd. 

thanks for the update - we don't get much info on Carmel - how is Avon's show looking this year - Just asking for a friend  :D