UIL 6A 2023 State Marching Band Contest (Oct. 30. & 31)

LeanderMomma

2 hours ago, ChristopherRoden said:

Would love that!! 

Don’t sleep on Cypress Woods. They came out on top for Area I at both State and BOA SA last year despite the others beating them at Area. If they have an “on” day, they are fire. They are playing very difficult music very well. They beat Fair in prelims at Area this year (admittedly their finals run was not as good as their prelims run). 

2 hours ago, Dallas Hobbs said:

I was today years old when I realized that “Cy-Fair” is an abbreviation for Cypress Fairbanks 😩

Ha! Yes, this comes from the merger of two smaller districts in the 1930s, and for many years Cy-Fair was the only high school until the area had a major growth explosion, and now there are 12.

25 minutes ago, Fez76 said:

Ha! Yes, this comes from the merger of two smaller districts in the 1930s, and for many years Cy-Fair was the only high school until the area had a major growth explosion, and now there are 12.

Built high school after high school relieving one high school after the other until(thankfully) it stopped lol 

20 minutes ago, Rubisco said:

First band of the day already sounding great! Way to go, Wylie East! I would NOT want to be a music judge at this contest. 😬

The high cam isn't bad. Unlike Box 5, the picture is clear on my phone and likely HD quality. Sound is good, too. The only thing is that the frame rate looks ever so slightly below 24 frames per second, if 24 fps is what "real life" looks like. Not that bad, though, just ever so slightly slowed down. Hopefully they at least maintain this quality. I'm sure multi-cam is more frustrating with the choice of shots they make.

Watching on a 65 inch TV via ROKU and looks less than 480 resolution and very skippy frame rate, around 20 FPS.    Box 5 is much better on the TV.   I sent a note to Note to NFHS Support to log the issue.