UIL 6A 2023 State Marching Band Contest (Oct. 30. & 31)

LeanderMomma

Some shocking results to say the least, but HUGE CONGRATULATIONS to Cy-Fair and Bridgeland!!! I hope the kids at CTJ are doing okay, come prove us wrong and do great at BOA San Antonio!!! Good luck to all our finalist, I unfortunately won't be able to watch any finals, hoping I can catch the retreat, but it should be an exciting day! 

Congratulations to all the finalist bands! I haven't been keeping up as much this year as I would have liked but it's exciting to see two new finalists in Bridgeland and Cy-Fair! That said I feel for the students over at CTJ being the first ones out. It's certainly a punch to the guts for a program of their pedigree and history, even in a transitional year, but I've no doubt they'll come back strong at San Antonio and Grand Nationals.

I'm very impressed with the overall improvement and growth in Houston area bands this year.  Congrats to Cy- Fair and Bridgeland on very deserving finals placements.

Also- Keller keeps doing its Keller thing haha. Seems pretty safe to pencil them in as a bottom half finalist in every late season contest for the next decade or two no matter how their season starts.  

Just now, LostChoirGuy said:

I'm very impressed with the overall improvement and growth in Houston area bands this year.  Congrats to Cy- Fair and Bridgeland on very deserving finals placements.

Also- Keller keeps doing its Keller thing haha. Seems pretty safe to pencil them in as a bottom half finalist in every late season contest for the next decade or two no matter how their season starts.  

And it didn’t start well at all.  It would be interesting to see if we could white brand bands and just judge them on their programs —-    

Just now, sogeg said:

I have been avoiding talking on here this season- Keller REALLY likes to stress me out with their early season placements- but now I can say

GO BIG BLUEEEEE

They also stressed me a bit during the first half of the season. But after their area performance, I already knew they’d make state.

Cant wait to drive down tomorrow to watch finals :)