UIL 6A 2023 State Marching Band Contest (Oct. 30. & 31)

LeanderMomma

3 minutes ago, JFNDOWBFAN said:

I don’t know which id more exciting/anxiety ridden. Following prelim blog or World Series Game 3

I've already made peace with the fact the Rangers are going to blow the World Series in the most embarrassing fashion possible. Will make it (hopefully) less painful when it inevitably happens. 2011 is still burned into my memory.

3 minutes ago, ViewFromTheBox said:

I've already made peace with the fact the Rangers are going to blow the World Series in the most embarrassing fashion possible. Will make it (hopefully) less painful when it inevitably happens. 2011 is still burned into my memory.

Come on now. Rangers fans know disappointment but always have hope!

Just now, Gehrig4 said:

Vandy- 

been waiting the whole season to see what’s what.    It’s good.  It’s technically dynamic.   But I have to tell you - I didn’t love it.   The confidence they march with - you can feel it.  
It will be very interesting to see how this clear finalist band ends up.   Nice job Vandy.  

You weren’t feeling the overall show design? 

4 minutes ago, Tubalord11 said:

Bro we up right now, you gotta believe!!! 

I still have sports PTSD from Game 6 2011. Also, this bullpen does not inspire confidence. Also also, DFW sports outside the Mavs in 2011 have been quite painful.

At least I have the state championships as a distraction this week.

33 minutes ago, Tubalord11 said:

I think this years show for Vandy is harder for some and easy for others to like. For me personally, I think the show design lacks a personal/emotional connection, but perform the HECK out of it, was blown away by them at Area H, but I think they have a real solid shot at medaling, but it's hard for me to see anyone coming close to Hebron at the current moment. 

You Nailed it.   Absolutely nailed it.    Did feel bad for the girl that went down and tripped a few others.  

1 minute ago, ViewFromTheBox said:

I still have sports PTSD from Game 6 2011. Also, this bullpen does not inspire confidence. Also also, DFW sports outside the Mavs in 2011 have been quite painful.

At least I have the state championships as a distraction this week.

(ahem cowboys losing to cardinals I’m looking at you, made me EMBARRASSED as a hardcore cowboys fan)

Amazing performance from Vandergrift! I will admit, after seeing all these other bands, I felt desiring more from the musically, and I ultimately think Hebron will take them, at least tonight. Both were clean, but Hebron's show is just on a completely different level, drill was very clean but some stick outs in the big curvilinear forms, but I think they will still medal. Just so clean all around, great job Viper Band!