2022 BOA San Antonio (Nov. 4 & 5)

5 minutes ago, MikeKyu said:

While I agree with the sentiment here and would love to see a semi-finals I just do not see a way that it would be a sound investment for the schools nor a fair representation of BOA when considering all of the other Super Regionals. It's tough here. Relish this. It is making every band better. Maybe one day Texas will produce a band that can hang with the bottom half of Indiana schools (tongue firmly in cheek) .

I agree with this in principle, but I would say that San Antonio has always set the pace for BOA. It WAS the first Super Regional after-all. Why NOT the first SUPER-Super Regional? :)

6 minutes ago, Samuel Culper said:

Question of the day: How many bands here would qualify for Finals at the Indianapolis "Super" Regional?

That's a trick question. We all know the answer in None. These are inferior shows that are played at a level that would not allow entry into the State of Indiana. 

1 minute ago, batteryischarged said:

With Marcus coming up next and probably a sure thing for Finals, of the last seven bands that have been on, anyone feel that one of those could make finals? 

Here is my bubble bands right now: 

L.D. Bell

Cy-Fair 

Pearland 

S7

Cypress Woods? 

Coppell is my only lock, but Marcus Hebron and the Woodlands are also locks assuming they do how they always do 

Marcus: WOW WOW WOW WOW WOW!!! They are still the Marcu Concert Marching band!!! They amount of dynamics, control, volume and just overall skill is unreal!!! By far the best of the day, and I could see another medal headed their way at state this year! Those soloist are on a godly level once again, playing like they belong in the New York philharmonic!!! I mean wow, just so beautiful!!! 

31 minutes ago, Samuel Culper said:

Arrogance or not, it's the truth

Also yeah, no this doesn’t come from arrogance at all, everyone’s watching the same thing and would say dispassionately, without any gusto that at least 24 bands from here could make finals at the Indy SR. Just facts lol

Edit: hmmm…twice over would actually be 28 for a SR hmmm… point still stands haha

6 minutes ago, Vidal28 said:

Also yeah, no this doesn’t come from arrogance at all, everyone’s watching the same thing and would say dispassionately, without any gusto that at least 24 bands from here could make finals at the Indy SR. Just facts lol

i mean if you keep crowing about how TX bands are the best instead of just letting it speak for itself, it does run into ego and arrogance. i think that's obvious.

1 minute ago, Vewer said:

Anyone have a recording of Marcus and Coppell?

Recordings of most bands from the stands are already on YouTube, but if you want the Box5 feed, wait until the contest is over and there's bound to be someone with a Google Drive folder with all the finalists.