Jump to content

2021 BOA San Antonio Super Regional (Nov. 5 & 6)


Recommended Posts

I know it’s early but my AirBNB is booked and I’m ready to start thinking about the fall!  This incredible contest will be held at the Alamodome in San Antonio.

as of 9/10/21–66 bands confirmed:

Ann Richards School, TX
Brazoswood H.S., TX
Byron P. Steele II H.S., TX
Cedar Park H.S., TX
Cedar Ridge H.S., TX
Churchill Fulshear H.S., TX
Claudia Taylor Johnson H.S., TX
Clear Creek H.S., TX
College Park H.S., TX
Conroe H.S., TX
Coppell H.S., TX
Crockett H.S., TX
Cuero H.S., TX
Cypress Woods H.S., TX
Dawson H.S., TX
Douglas MacArthur H.S., TX
Friendswood H.S., TX
Granbury H.S., TX
Hargrave H.S., TX
Hebron H.S., TX
Hendrickson H.S., TX
Hutto H.S., TX
Jack C. Hays H.S., TX
James Bowie H.S., TX
James E. Taylor H.S., TX
James Madison H.S., TX
John B. Alexander H.S., TX
John B. Connally H.S., TX
Johnson (Buda) H.S., TX
Jourdanton H.S., TX
Keller Central H.S., TX
Keller H.S., TX
Lake Travis H.S., TX
Leander H.S., TX
Legacy of Educational Excellence H.S., TX
Mansfield H.S., TX
Marcus H.S., TX
McNeil H.S., TX
New Braunfels H.S., TX
Pearland H.S., TX
Pecos H.S., TX
Pflugerville H.S., TX
Ronald Reagan H.S., TX
Round Rock H.S., TX
Rouse H.S., TX
Sachse H.S., TX
Sandra Day O'Connor H.S., TX
Seven Lakes H.S., TX
Smithson Valley H.S., TX
The Woodlands H.S., TX
Timber Creek H.S., TX
Tom Glenn H.S., TX
United H.S., TX
Vandegrift H.S., TX
Veterans Memorial (Mission) H.S., TX
Vista Ridge H.S., TX
W. Charles Akins H.S., TX
Waller H.S., TX
Waxahachie H.S., TX
Weiss H.S., TX
Westlake H.S., TX
Westwood H.S., TX
William H. Taft H.S., TX
Winston Churchill H.S., TX
Wylie East H.S., TX
Wylie H.S., TX

Edited by LeanderMomma
Added Friendswood
Link to comment
Share on other sites

One band that is confirmed NOT to be attending this amazing contest is Flower Mound HS!  This is evidently due to their plans to attend both UIL SMBC and BOA Grand Nationals this November. Something had to give and evidently it’s BOA San Antonio. They will be greatly missed. 😔

Link to comment
Share on other sites

43 minutes ago, LeanderMomma said:

One band that is confirmed NOT to be attending this amazing contest is Flower Mound HS!  This is evidently due to their plans to attend both UIL SMBC and BOA Grand Nationals this November. Something had to give and evidently it’s BOA San Antonio. They will be greatly missed. 😔

 

Flower Mound is going this year as well?

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

12 minutes ago, Hard Core Band Fan said:

Wow, so these are attending the Grand Nationals?

CTJ
Vista Ridge
Pearland
Round Rock
Wills Point
Jack C Hays
James Bowie
Reagan
Marcus
Flower Mound

I’m not 100% sure about that list.  But I definitely know we have a huge group headed to Indy this November!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

7 hours ago, J-Mike16 said:

I thought Jack C. Hays wasnt going to Nationals. Also I'm rooting on JBA at San Antonio. #betterthan58th

This is the list for San Antonio. I haven’t heard if Hay’s is going to Indy. They sure have sharp new uniforms tho!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

21 hours ago, banddad84 said:

what I have confirmed from parents that are making travel arrangements or are "in the know"

CTJ

Vista Ridge

TWHS

Round Rock

Flowermound

Marcus

Reagan

That's a great representation of Texas top tier Bands with this group!   All are finalist and Medalist contenders.   Grand Nat's is going to be something very special again this year!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • LeanderMomma changed the title to 2021 BOA San Antonio Super Regional (Nov. 5 & 6)
10 hours ago, LeanderMomma said:

I’m betting we don’t see Hebron or Marcus at BOA San Antonio either. UIL is King. And y’all thought it was football. 😔

Good thing I only like Canadian Football.  GO EDMONTON!!!

I get it.  There is a concern amongst programs/admins of burnout during a year when 6A State is an "added" contest.  It's tough to manage mentally and financially.  

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Danpod said:

Good thing I only like Canadian Football.  GO EDMONTON!!!

I get it.  There is a concern amongst programs/admins of burnout during a year when 6A State is an "added" contest.  It's tough to manage mentally and financially.  

If BOA would let them have a later Saturday prelims spot, it would be totally doable. No missed school. But yeah, financially it’s a lot. And the burnout is real. 😔  But dang it!!!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

16 hours ago, LeanderMomma said:

I’m betting we don’t see Hebron or Marcus at BOA San Antonio either. UIL is King. And y’all thought it was football. 😔

It makes sense if Marcus can't go, but why not Hebron? They don't have Nats the next week like FloMo and Marcus. Does their Rose Parade trip cause them to any school? I guess it's still a big financial commitment either way.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, AlsoIntoSpace said:

It makes sense if Marcus can't go, but why not Hebron? They don't have Nats the next week like FloMo and Marcus. Does their Rose Parade trip cause them to any school? I guess it's still a big financial commitment either way.

Rose does not impact school but it is a financial commitment 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 hours ago, AlsoIntoSpace said:

It makes sense if Marcus can't go, but why not Hebron? They don't have Nats the next week like FloMo and Marcus. Does their Rose Parade trip cause them to any school? I guess it's still a big financial commitment either way.

Hebron will be doing UIL that week which means missing a lot of school. Besides the financial commitment, yes. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Would be interesting to see a poll of the students on who would want to go all three (BOA SA, State and GN) .   I would think that most (given the chance)would love to make the trip to all 3 with the opportunity to perform and spend the time together.

However understood on the $'s part.  It is not an easy thing to do.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 hours ago, gregorydf01 said:

Would be interesting to see a poll of the students on who would want to go all three (BOA SA, State and GN) .   I would think that most (given the chance)would love to make the trip to all 3 with the opportunity to perform and spend the time together.

However understood on the $'s part.  It is not an easy thing to do.

Leander did it in ‘16. BOA SA Friday and Saturday, UIL Tuesday and Wednesday, late night flight to Indy and GN Thursday through Saturday. Yeah, they were tired but they were so excited about it all!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
 Share

×
×
  • Create New...