2019 Band Productions

Personally, I would like to see them no matter how old they are. I dabble in photography and video production & editing. Let me know if they're still available for posting or sharing. Always like being inspired by other's work.

Is that you Rudedog?  We have missed you!  But this post seems a little off?????  Or did you reply to the wrong topic?

I have a feeling DCI kind of stuff is gonna show up in a lot of shows this year.  I can't wait!  Already ordered my tickets for Austin, Houston and San Antonio.

As long as high school marching band doesn't become the DCI junior circuit. I like the differences and am probably not a fan of turning this activity into DCI lite. Doesn't mean I don't appreciate the virtuosity of DCI, because I do!

I've put together a quite a few for the band I was a part of, but they were meant to be for the band only, and I never got the permission to upload them until after the season, which is when most people stop caring about that kind of stuff. I imagine that's probably more common than the videos being publicly available from the get-go.

Makes me kinda sad cause I put a lot of work into some of those videos :')

Personally, I would like to see them no matter how old they are. I dabble in photography and video production & editing. Let me know if they're still available for posting or sharing. Always like being inspired by other's work.

Is that you Rudedog?  We have missed you!  But this post seems a little off?????  Or did you reply to the wrong topic?

Yes it is. I was trying to reply to FaultLineBlues about his old videos and forgot how to TxBands.

Been gone too long.

This is going to be a year everyone is going to talk about for a looonnnggg time. WOW!

I'd be more than happy to provide links to the videos I've made!

Those are about all the videos I've made for show announcements!

Dang I hear so much Drum Corps in Hebron's show!

Who is their designer?!!

They actually sound like a drum corps too! The last few years they still had a characteristic high school band sound and music design, but not this year!

I keep thinking the same thing listening to that recording. I feel like Hebron brass could hold their own in world class finals. There’s obvious influences from Crown and Bluecoats in that first movement, and 2 ridiculous Mello sustains?? How is it possible for that mello line to be so consistently god like?

My YouTube algorithm conveniently presented me with clips of Leander and Vandegrift when I first logged into my account over the weekend. I literally had to do zero searching. Gotta love technology, haha.

Leander: Admittedly, I was skeptical of the Britney Spears incorporation prior to seeing this show. And after seeing a clip... well, dangit, it might even be better than BD's use of Circus this year. Toxic is gonna be one of the moments of the year (the early 2000s Britney fan in me is screaming hysterically). I'm loving the use of Einstein on the Beach so far; it's reminiscent of Crown, but distinct enough that it's its own animal. 2014 is my all time favorite Leander show, but regardless, I have loved their foray into increasingly cutting-edge shows since that landmark year for the program. This show proves to be a continuation of that, and if they stick the landing, it has all the material to be one of Leander's best shows ever. 

Vandegrift. I know a small minority of people out there complain about their shows each year for not being "cutting edge enough," but you gotta hand it to 'em: they know their style, their know what they are trying to accomplish and don't give a ____ about what anyone says. And it keeps working. All that being said, this is 100% the kind of show I expected from Vandegrift for their 1st trip to Indianapolis. As with 2017, a show with a traditional vibe while also feeling entirely fresh. Visual book is beefed up significantly -- they are hauling in both Parts that were on the field, and the visual design is mostly QUITE good. Similarly, the music demand is ramped up, especially in the second part which is almost just straight technique and complicated rhythms. A bold prediction, but I see them being second only to Hebron in the music department.

Excited to see both of these shows get more fleshed out with GE as the season goes. Now, if anyone has a hidden video of Hebron...

I’m liking how Cedar Park is looking and sounding so far!

They sound amazing!. I wish I could have seen the entire band.

Please, please TxBand members. When shooting vids or photos of your favorite band with a phone: portrait is for social media sites. Landscape is for true video. Most new phones come with a wide angle setting as well. Set it, rotate and get the whole picture.

Sorry...I digress...

Thanks for posting Momma

My YouTube algorithm conveniently presented me with clips of Leander and Vandegrift when I first logged into my account over the weekend. I literally had to do zero searching. Gotta love technology, haha.

Leander: Admittedly, I was skeptical of the Britney Spears incorporation prior to seeing this show. And after seeing a clip... well, dangit, it might even be better than BD's use of Circus this year. Toxic is gonna be one of the moments of the year (the early 2000s Britney fan in me is screaming hysterically). I'm loving the use of Einstein on the Beach so far; it's reminiscent of Crown, but distinct enough that it's its own animal. 2014 is my all time favorite Leander show, but regardless, I have loved their foray into increasingly cutting-edge shows since that landmark year for the program. This show proves to be a continuation of that, and if they stick the landing, it has all the material to be one of Leander's best shows ever. 

Vandegrift. I know a small minority of people out there complain about their shows each year for not being "cutting edge enough," but you gotta hand it to 'em: they know their style, their know what they are trying to accomplish and don't give a ____ about what anyone says. And it keeps working. All that being said, this is 100% the kind of show I expected from Vandegrift for their 1st trip to Indianapolis. As with 2017, a show with a traditional vibe while also feeling entirely fresh. Visual book is beefed up significantly -- they are hauling in both Parts that were on the field, and the visual design is mostly QUITE good. Similarly, the music demand is ramped up, especially in the second part which is almost just straight technique and complicated rhythms. A bold prediction, but I see them being second only to Hebron in the music department.

Excited to see both of these shows get more fleshed out with GE as the season goes. Now, if anyone has a hidden video of Hebron...

Do you happen to have a link to the Vandegrift video? 

They sound amazing!. I wish I could have seen the entire band.

Please, please TxBand members. When shooting vids or photos of your favorite band with a phone: portrait is for social media sites. Landscape is for true video. Most new phones come with a wide angle setting as well. Set it, rotate and get the whole picture.

Sorry...I digress...

Thanks for posting Momma

You can find more professional videos of CP on their Smugmug. Here is the link to our run last Friday: https://cphsband.smugmug.com/2019-2020-School-Year/Video-Cedar-Ridge-9-6-19