2019 Band Productions

I'm always shocked how easy it is to find videos online of Leander early in the season and how difficult it is to find nearly anyone else!  We just happened to play Thursday night games last week and this week which were televised, and I know UIL does not allow Friday night games to be televised, so I guess that is part of it, but I'm always a bit shocked how Leander videos are so easy to come by.  

They added two movements to the field show last night at Pflugerville.  They added drill to the second movement (Toxic), and they added a section of the Ballad (Mass for Peace).  There is still much to be added I'm sure, but it is definitely looking good.  

Now if I could just get my hands on videos of FM, Hebron, Reagan, CTJ, Vandy...it just ain't fair!!!!!

They look fantastic but I can’t not think of the logistical issues with them

I hope they are attached somehow to the uniform so they don’t blow around in the wind but also I personally would hate having a giant plume touching my neck...imagine how sweaty they are going to get

oh don't you worry...they'll be fine.   ;)

I'm always shocked how easy it is to find videos online of Leander early in the season and how difficult it is to find nearly anyone else!  We just happened to play Thursday night games last week and this week which were televised, and I know UIL does not allow Friday night games to be televised, so I guess that is part of it, but I'm always a bit shocked how Leander videos are so easy to come by.  

They added two movements to the field show last night at Pflugerville.  They added drill to the second movement (Toxic), and they added a section of the Ballad (Mass for Peace).  There is still much to be added I'm sure, but it is definitely looking good.  

Now if I could just get my hands on videos of FM, Hebron, Reagan, CTJ, Vandy...it just ain't fair!!!!!

The video I watched was a recording from the stands. They look fantastic and I already got emotional from the ballad.

The video I watched was a recording from the stands. They look fantastic and I already got emotional from the ballad.

Was it online already or just shared with you from a parent?  I hate that all of these videos are getting put online when nobody else's is.  

The ballad made me emotional as well.  I'm excited about it and dreading it at the same time.  It's going to be killer in Lucas Oil.  

I'm glad the video is out. More should be. I don't understand the secrecy around posting videos or not allowing them to be posted. At least this time of year. Except for the show closer maybe. It's not like Leander will look at what CTJ is doing and make a bunch of changes. I understand that each band may want to control when and how pieces of information come out (show title, uniforms, etc). Some schools are far more protective than others. Just curious about the thought process.

I know that Leander would PREFER that these videos didn't get posted, but they aren't making a big deal about it like most other bands do.  The Leander directors DO ask that these not be posted, but they don't go all out to keep it from happening either.  

Edit:  That was redundant.  :lol:

I know that Leander would PREFER that these videos didn't get posted, but they aren't making a big deal about it like most other bands do. The Leander directors DO ask that these not be posted, but they don't go all out to keep it from happening either.

Edit: That was redundant. :lol:

From the Department of Redundancy Department.

Ok, first- Leander is killing it. Looks and sounds great.

Second- that video of leander had me rolling. That lady saying "very nice" just got me every time for some reason. It was so funny!

It struck me as a Pflugerville parent video. Nice of her to give Leander so much love and to go to the trouble of uploading it to YouTube.

I personally like to familiarize myself with shows as best as I can before I watch a show live and so I can appreciate it more when I see the improvement they have made.

I actually agree with you. I appreciate a show far more when I have had the opportunity to see it a few times first. The first time I see it, I’m usually overwhelmed a bit because I don’t know what to expect, where to look, and what I might have missed. Once I’ve see a show a few times, I start to appreciate it a lot more. And get more excited about seeing it again.