UIL 6A 2023 State Marching Band Contest (Oct. 30. & 31)

LeanderMomma

1 minute ago, BandFan50 said:

What I saw from Vandegrift in Area 6a H finals last night was just something else, when I first saw their show I did not like it at all, but their performers are forcing me to love it through their precision and level of skill they displayed on the field last night

I kinda think they will win state again this year. 

33 minutes ago, LeanderMomma said:

Don’t ask. 😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭

I have no experience with this network, I guess that’s fortunate by the sounds of the comments on here. There’s a first time for everything, though. I guess I’ll go with the bad quality versus not being able to watch it at all.

7 minutes ago, PearlandFluteMom said:

I have no experience with this network, I guess that’s fortunate by the sounds of the comments on here. There’s a first time for everything, though. I guess I’ll go with the bad quality versus not being able to watch it at all.

Absolutely I would do the same in your shoes Momma!  🩷🩷

47 minutes ago, BandFan50 said:

What I saw from Vandegrift in Area 6a H finals last night was just something else, when I first saw their show I did not like it at all, but their performers are forcing me to love it through their precision and level of skill they displayed on the field last night

Sometimes, oftentimes, excellence is an effect.

55 minutes ago, Parkwoodmom said:

I broke down today and will watch NFHS for this. 😬 I guess they saw me nosing around their website and sent me a coupon for 33% off.  One month it is!  

Since Box5 is a bit unreliable lately, guess you’ll have to go to GNs!

Yes, NFHS is the worst platform for marching band events. They truly don't care. Playing a commercial in the middle of a performance is no big deal to them. These are sports people and all band stuff is just background noise. They almost make me appreciate Box5 and FloMarching. Almost. It's cheap, though. $12 a month. And it's cheap because it sucks.

3 minutes ago, Hard Core Band Fan said:

Yes, NFHS is the worst platform for marching band events. They truly don't care. Playing a commercial in the middle of a performance is no big deal to them. These are sports people and all band stuff is just background noise. They almost make me appreciate Box5 and FloMarching. Almost. It's cheap, though. $12 a month. And it's cheap because it sucks.

I cancelled my NFHS subscription last year after state prelims after I saw how trash it was. I want box5 back 😭😭😭

3 minutes ago, Samuel Culper said:

Finals draw is posted. Of the likely Finalists, Vandy is 1st. The Woodlands also early.

Ronald Reagan, Vista Ridge and Pearland at the other end.

Screenshot_20231022_162702_Drive.jpg

didn't they do a bottom half top half split last yr? in which case it'll likely be vandy, tw, and hebron one right after the other to start the final half.

12 minutes ago, tubapop said:

Shocked cedar ridge folded...what happened?!

I can only chalk it up to weird judging. Moon gave them 9th/10th for prelims/finals whereas the other judges had more realistic placements. I think that sunk them just outside of qualifying, their performance was arguably better than some of the others last night. Definitely gonna be weird to not see them at state given last year. It's a shame they couldn't defend any of their previous titles (1st Katy, 1st Perc State, 3rd State Finals) this year.

4 minutes ago, packwick said:

didn't they do a bottom half top half split last yr? in which case it'll likely be vandy, tw, and hebron one right after the other to start the final half.

Vandy > Woodlands > Hebron to start finals night would certainly be a bottom heavy segment. I'd be interested to experience the energy of the students given they're right after one another.

1 hour ago, Miyazuu said:

I can only chalk it up to weird judging. Moon gave them 9th/10th for prelims/finals whereas the other judges had more realistic placements. I think that sunk them just outside of qualifying, their performance was arguably better than some of the others last night. Definitely gonna be weird to not see them at state given last year. It's a shame they couldn't defend any of their previous titles (1st Katy, 1st Perc State, 3rd State Finals) this year.

Moon also gave Austin High 5th for visuals in prelims when they got 14th-16th from every other judge for everything else. Unusual judging for sure.