2023 BOA Grand National Championships (Nov. 9-11)

josephbandfan

1 minute ago, HeBron James said:

Mods band him🤓🤓🤓

#hebronontop

I’m a parent of recently graduated Pearland flute and I have been cheering on Hebron just as much as Pearland this year. Their show makes me emotional. I have tears in my eyes during the ballads and when they finish. In my opinion, it’s the best one I have seen in my marching band years.

2 minutes ago, Tubalord11 said:

Great performance spot for Hebron to take it all. I know they were 4th (most likely) in semis, but we have no idea how close it was, but if their was a slot for them to perform at and win, it would be the one they are in. Will be a very interesting night to say the least, can't wait!

It seems like the best run will win tonight, if semifinals were as close as the captions/placements indicated. 

8 minutes ago, Tubalord11 said:

Finals
7:00 p.m. – Gates Open
7:30 p.m. – Finals Opening Welcome
8:00 p.m. – Bentonville H.S., AR
8:15 p.m. – Brownsburg H.S., IN
8:30 p.m. – Round Rock H.S., TX
8:45 p.m. – Pearland H.S., TX
9:00 p.m. – Keller H.S., TX
9:15 p.m. – Fishers H.S., IN
9:30 p.m. – The Woodlands H.S., TX
9:45 p.m. – Avon H.S., IN
10:00 p.m. – Carmel H.S., IN
10:15 p.m. – William Mason H.S., OH
10:30 p.m. – Hebron H.S., TX
10:45 p.m. – Blue Springs H.S., MO
11:00 p.m. – Class AA: Kiski Area H.S., PA
11:15 p.m. – Class A: Bourbon County H.S., KY
11:30 p.m. – Grand Finale & Awards Ceremony

My top half predictions were right! My bottom half? Meh. 4/6 lol

14 minutes ago, Tubalord11 said:

Finals
7:00 p.m. – Gates Open
7:30 p.m. – Finals Opening Welcome
8:00 p.m. – Bentonville H.S., AR
8:15 p.m. – Brownsburg H.S., IN
8:30 p.m. – Round Rock H.S., TX
8:45 p.m. – Pearland H.S., TX
9:00 p.m. – Keller H.S., TX
9:15 p.m. – Fishers H.S., IN
9:30 p.m. – The Woodlands H.S., TX
9:45 p.m. – Avon H.S., IN
10:00 p.m. – Carmel H.S., IN
10:15 p.m. – William Mason H.S., OH
10:30 p.m. – Hebron H.S., TX
10:45 p.m. – Blue Springs H.S., MO
11:00 p.m. – Class AA: Kiski Area H.S., PA
11:15 p.m. – Class A: Bourbon County H.S., KY
11:30 p.m. – Grand Finale & Awards Ceremony

GREAT finals draw for Hebron, hoping they and every Team Texas school pulls out their best performances for finals! I'd LOVE to see Hebron and Woodlands in the Top 3! 

3 minutes ago, Nny14 said:

I'm gonna be a negative Nancy and predict the top 3 stays the same in finals. The Indiana bands are just too strong overall programs for Team Texas to overcome this year. It's just so annoying how it's been 10 years since we sent the SA Regional Champion to Nationals.

Yeah, for all the bands going to Nats on 3-year and 4-year rotations, it's almost impossible time it right. Marcus was going every 4 years, so they only went to GN three times during their 10 year dynasty, and sadly never won a medal. But LD Bell and The Woodlands were going to GN every year or nearly every year in order to get their titles. And Vandegrift was the exception that proved the rule: it takes consistent attendance to win the Eagle.

i come back after eating and THESE are the results?!!! lol.

i mean im super duper happy for twhs, was actually just eating w/ a longtime friend whom i love dearly and haven't seen in forever and who was also part of the band when we made Nat finals for the first time. so it's been good day for us...

but theeeen i feel like visual ppl really threw their weight around here bc all the shows i was delighted by visually made it, even if musically i was more like, meh. at the expense of the ones that sounded sometimes a lot better.

Hebron belongs in the top 3 w/ that music imo. hope to see them jump up tho it may come at tw's expense. my top 3 remain unchanged seeing the shows live, Carmel, Hebron, and TWHS in some order. must be close, verrrry close.

u also have to wonder where Blue Springs is. not my fave but others are hot on it.

I cannot be the only one who is so fed up with Carmel. They were the band who I was least “generally effect”ed by in ALL of semis. I’m so over it. They performed just fine, but if that’s not the most boring show in finals… by FAR
Texas is pushing the activity musically and GE wise, and if they had more time to explore visual they absolutely would be pushing there too. 
rant over.. for now. See ya next season! 

Just now, nightlife said:

I cannot be the only one who is so fed up with Carmel. They were the band who I was least “generally effect”ed by in ALL of semis. I’m so over it. They performed just fine, but if that’s not the most boring show in finals… by FAR. 
Texas is pushing the activity musically and GE wise, and if they had more time to explore visual they absolutely would be pushing there too. 

They weren't the most boring show in semi-finals, but I do have trouble understanding how they beat out Hebron, TW, and a few others. But I feel that way about several bands at every competition, lol. I feel I could make a solid case in court about the way some of these scores go.

22 minutes ago, packwick said:

i come back after eating and THESE are the results?!!! lol.

i mean im super duper happy for twhs, was actually just eating w/ a longtime friend whom i love dearly and haven't seen in forever and who was also part of the band when we made Nat finals for the first time. so it's been good day for us...

but theeeen i feel like visual ppl really threw their weight around here bc all the shows i was delighted by visually made it, even if musically i was more like, meh. at the expense of the ones that sounded sometimes a lot better.

Hebron belongs in the top 3 w/ that music imo. hope to see them jump up tho it may come at tw's expense. my top 3 remain unchanged seeing the shows live, Carmel, Hebron, and TWHS in some order. must be close, verrrry close.

u also have to wonder where Blue Springs is. not my fave but others are hot on it.

I'm not sure I'd say the visual judges "threw their weight around." It's possible that the non-Texas ones that made it into finals were that much stronger visually. That said, I'm not there, so I'm just seeing things via Box 5, Lord help us. 😄

7 minutes ago, nightlife said:

I cannot be the only one who is so fed up with Carmel. They were the band who I was least “generally effect”ed by in ALL of semis. I’m so over it. They performed just fine, but if that’s not the most boring show in finals… by FAR

You’re not the only one, but am I surprised no. Do I think they are impossible to beat, no. It won’t be easy, but I think if Hebron or Avon really lock in, one or both can do it. Someone on Hornrank made a really good point with Hebron in 2015 winning with the record that year then dropping to 3rd. Obviously that may and probably was heavily due to the fact they had to go first, but anything can happen tonight. 

24 minutes ago, Tubalord11 said:

You’re not the only one, but am I surprised no. Do I think they are impossible to beat, no. It won’t be easy, but I think if Hebron or Avon really lock in, one or both can do it. Someone on Hornrank made a really good point with Hebron in 2015 winning with the record that year then dropping to 3rd. Obviously that may and probably was heavily due to the fact they had to go first, but anything can happen tonight. 

It most definitely had a lot to do with Hebron going first and Broken Arrow going last. They implemented the current finals slot rule the following season due to how that played out.

That was my freshman year at Hebron and I still remember the shock on all of our faces when our directors told us we would be going first. I will forever imagine “what would’ve happened” if the current finals slotting rule was already in place for that competition.