2019 BOA Dallas/ Fort Worth Regional

Im excited to see Keller Central this year. They may not score as well as other bands in the area, but BOY are their shows memorable. I remember seeing Dichotomy at 2012 state like it was yesterday.

Confirmed Attendees (20):

Aledo H.S., TX

Burleson Centennial H.S., TX

Coppell H.S., TX

Flower Mound H.S., TX

Hebron H.S., TX

James Martin H.S., TX

Keller H.S., TX

Keller Central H.S., TX

Krum H.S., TX

LD Bell H.S., TX

Liberty H.S., TX

LV Berkner H.S., TX

Marcus H.S., TX

Owasso H.S., OK

Poteet H.S., TX

Prosper H.S., TX

The Colony H.S., TX

Timber Creek H.S., TX

Wakeland H.S., TX

Waxahachie H.S., TX

If you rank these according to BOA SA Prelims from 2018:

1. Flower Mound

2. Hebron

3 Keller

4. Marcus

5. LD Bell

6. Prosper

7. Timber Creek 

8. Coppell

9. Keller Central 

10. James Martin

Waxahachie didn't attend BOA san Antonio last year - but they would definitely be in the mix!

Considering they got 15th at Gnats in 2017, I'd say they are

I think they are a very likely finalist, but it isnt for sure. Id love to see them make it tho!

• 2 weeks later...
Aledo H.S., TX*

Anna H.S., TX

Burleson Centennial H.S., TX

Byron Nelson H.S., TX

Carroll Senior H.S., TX*

Cedar Park H.S., TX*

Coppell H.S., TX*

Flower Mound H.S., TX

Forney H.S., TX*

Graham H.S., TX*

Hebron H.S., TX*

Keller Central H.S., TX*

Keller H.S., TX*

Krum H.S., TX

L.D. Bell H.S., TX

L.V. Berkner H.S., TX

Liberty H.S., TX

Marcus H.S., TX*

McKinney Boyd H.S., TX*

McKinney H.S., TX

Owasso H.S., OK

Paragould H.S., AR

Poteet H.S., TX

Prosper H.S., TX*

Red Oak H.S., TX*

Rick Reedy H.S., TX

Sachse H.S., TX

Sherman H.S., TX

The Colony H.S., TX

Timber Creek H.S., TX*

Trinity H.S., TX*

Wakeland H.S., TX*

Waxahachie H.S., TX*

Early thoughts:

1. Hebron

2. Flower Mound

3. Keller

4. Marcus

5. Cedar Park

6. Timber Creek

7. LD Bell

8. Waxahachie

9. Prosper

10. Coppell

Alternates: Wakeland, Owasso, Keller Central

Hoping Hebron sets the tone here for a championship season, but could easily see FloMo ahead of them- assuming these two will continue to be neck and neck

Keller has blossomed into a full fledged powerhouse and I’m betting they’ll hold on to their bronze medal, even with the return of Marcus. I’m maybe most excited to see what Marcus brings to the table, now that the new staff will have their first chance to lead the design effort. Could easily see cedar park medaling here, too, but only if they really amp up their design.

I have a hunch timber creek will edge out LD Bell, and that both have a great chance of breaking 80 points. I have waxahachie, prosper and Coppell filling out finals, though wakeland or Keller central seem like strong possibilities as finalists. I honestly can’t believe I’m predicting Owasso to miss here, but I guess that’s where we’re at now.

• 2 weeks later...

I’m still trying to decide whether I attend this regional or the Katy regional. On the plus side for this one is that one of my best friends lives only a few miles from Pennington Field so I can crash at her house. No hotel necessary. Yep I think I just talked myself into going north that weekend.

Plus I would get to see Owasso.

I’m still trying to decide whether I attend this regional or the Katy regional. On the plus side for this one is that one of my best friends lives only a few miles from Pennington Field so I can crash at her house. No hotel necessary. Yep I think I just talked myself into going north that weekend.

Plus I would get to see Owasso.

I really wish those two regionals didn’t lie on the same weekend haha. Have to choose between 2 fantastic regionals.

Also funny how my HS career was in Katy, and now I’m heading up to Dallas for college. Now BOA Dallas and Waco are the two close regionals for me.

I really wish those two regionals didn’t lie on the same weekend haha. Have to choose between 2 fantastic regionals.

Also funny how my HS career was in Katy, and now I’m heading up to Dallas for college. Now BOA Dallas and Waco are the two close regionals for me.

Which school are you attending?

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

A little off topic, I love all bands, clap for all of them etc. I’ve moved to Fort Worth from Frisco Lebanon Trail attendance zone. Did I pay attention to which high school band’s attendance zone while I was looking for a home?....you bet, lol. So I’m in Keller Central’s attendance zone and heard them practicing, sounded great. Here’s where the band geek still resides inside of my 48 year old mind. Should I have picked a house in Timber Creek attendance zone, they’re up and coming? There aren’t any homes that I liked in Keller but man they’re top dogs in Keller isd right? I stopped there when I realized I was being ridiculous. I now live in the attendance zone of a band that has ranked in the 20’s and low 30’s out of all the boa San Antonio Goliaths. That’s pretty good and the Keller isd showcase must be outstanding with central, timber creek and Keller bands on the field. I wish I could say I didn’t partially decide where to pick a home based on that but I would be lying. So there’s that, confessions of a 25 year removed band geek and his continuing obsession with high school marching bands.. Now I have get my 8 year old more excited about band:)

A little off topic, I love all bands, clap for all of them etc. I’ve moved to Fort Worth from Frisco Lebanon Trail attendance zone. Did I pay attention to which high school band’s attendance zone while I was looking for a home?....you bet, lol. So I’m in Keller Central’s attendance zone and heard them practicing, sounded great. Here’s where the band geek still resides inside of my 48 year old mind. Should I have picked a house in Timber Creek attendance zone, they’re up and coming? There aren’t any homes that I liked in Keller but man they’re top dogs in Keller isd right? I stopped there when I realized I was being ridiculous. I now live in the attendance zone of a band that has ranked in the 20’s and low 30’s out of all the boa San Antonio Goliaths. That’s pretty good and the Keller isd showcase must be outstanding with central, timber creek and Keller bands on the field. I wish I could say I didn’t partially decide where to pick a home based on that but I would be lying. So there’s that, confessions of a 25 year removed band geek and his continuing obsession with high school marching bands.. Now I have get my 8 year old more excited about band:)

Ha ha, you WIN the band nerdiest award today.  :)  But just for today.  Someone else will win it soon.  

I can so relate!   My wife and I picked a home less than 1/2 a mile from Vista Ridge 9 years ago, my son was in Middle school Band and my daughter in Elementary.  One of the criteria was the Band Program in the School and District.   Cedar Park and Leander were the 2 best at that time with Vandi. getting better.  But Vista looked to be on a solid path and a great foundation with the Middle school feeders so we were happy to find a good home near Vista.   I'm in my 50's now and my Daughter is a Sr. in the Vista Ridge band.   For me it is my 8th year as a Vista Ridge Band as a Band Dad.    I love to hear them practicing from my home!   I love to be able to walk over and watch!   I love all the years doing this not just the very special 2018!    I will be back watching next year after my kids are out of High School and I hope some Alumni Parent volunteer opportunities pop up!

Retirement is coming up in the next 5 to 10 years and I am thinking about the 5th wheel motor home I will need to go around the country watching Marching Band competitions!