UIL 6A 2023 State Marching Band Contest (Oct. 30. & 31)

LeanderMomma

2 minutes ago, Lvl14HogRider said:

Guys I’m sorry if I came off as mean it was a joke I’m from cedar ridge

Okay lol, you might have wanted to say that from the get go. Sorry about ya'll not making it this year, ya'll are still an incredible program, and I have no doubt ya'll will come back super strong at BOA SA and prove the doubters wrong, best of luck this weekend! 

2 minutes ago, BandFan50 said:

I despise their show design this year, no shade towards the kids, I'm an alumni and they are preforming the crap out of their show and I can't wait to see them tonight

See, I didn't really like their design in 2019 when they won Grand Nats or 2022 when they won State, but I really like it this year. Would not be upset at all if they won with this show, it plays really well.

Just now, Asaiah said:

See, I didn't really like their design in 2019 when they won Grand Nats or 2022 when they won State, but I really like it this year. Would not be upset at all if they won with this show, it plays really well.

I think this years show for Vandy is harder for some and easy for others to like. For me personally, I think the show design lacks a personal/emotional connection, but perform the HECK out of it, was blown away by them at Area H, but I think they have a real solid shot at medaling, but it's hard for me to see anyone coming close to Hebron at the current moment. 

Just now, Asaiah said:

Those shows to me had much more visual and story appeal, this one sounds and looks great but in my personal opinion it's like a repeat of their show Rise 2018, amazing music and marching just missing something, still an amazing show, I just wish the designers added more meat to it

regardless, it is one of the best performed shows from them i have seen over the years

Berkner HS-

First off, Its About Time is probably one of the best titles for a show, since they haven't been to state in 7 years 😆. The musical selections were REALLY GOOD! I really liked the Tuba Solo! Visuals were really nice. I like how they have one area for the props, allowing the band to move more around the field. I really liked the fact that they used some music from Danny Elfman, who has some really amazing work for sure! I'm trying to remember the song in the ballad, but can't seem to remember the name. Overall, I really enjoyed the performance and a BIG congratulations again to Berkner HS on advancing back to the State Marching Contest!!!

Wonderful performance from Berkner! Really happy to see them back at state, loved getting to see them live at Boa Prosper! They really emphasize the "time" part of the show with the visuals in the pre-show, loved the tuba solo, and they sound really good, some difficult passages they are killing! Just such a special moment for them, amazing job Mighty Ram Band!! 

9 minutes ago, zoomer said:

This is not college football, it’s not comparable. 

Sport is sport and these kids deserve to be seen as any other sport college football, professional football, or highschool football.. In ALL sport there is a desire and root for the underdog. Only hear do people get all worked up for th status quo.

18 minutes ago, BandFan50 said:

I despise their show design this year, no shade towards the kids, I'm an alumni and they are preforming the crap out of their show and I can't wait to see them tonight

Wow. I’ve always looked up to your high school! Loooong graduated since 2016 but have been following the Vandy band performances since the school opened. I just really respect the obvious work ethic and attention to detail in the final performances. —Proxima Centauri (2015) is still my favorite closer of any band. The American in Paris closer is a close second. Not rly feeling the desk go this year either but they can perform the crap out of anything. — God I wish I went to that school. 

11 minutes ago, Dave609 said:

Berkner HS-

First off, Its About Time is probably one of the best titles for a show, since they haven't been to state in 7 years 😆. The musical selections were REALLY GOOD! I really liked the Tuba Solo! Visuals were really nice. I like how they have one area for the props, allowing the band to move more around the field. I really liked the fact that they used some music from Danny Elfman, who has some really amazing work for sure! I'm trying to remember the song in the ballad, but can't seem to remember the name. Overall, I really enjoyed the performance and a BIG congratulations again to Berkner HS on advancing back to the State Marching Contest!!!

Time in a Bottle. 

11 minutes ago, BandFan50 said:

Those shows to me had much more visual and story appeal, this one sounds and looks great but in my personal opinion it's like a repeat of their show Rise 2018, amazing music and marching just missing something, still an amazing show, I just wish the designers added more meat to it

regardless, it is one of the best performed shows from them i have seen over the years

Props could be it. They don’t have back props this year or in 2018

There are 8-9 locks.    Abd about 10-15 schools you wouldn’t be surprised by.    And here’s my prediction - 

At least one school will get in that we will be somewhat surprised by.  

we will almost certainly be shocked at the schools that didn’t get in.  

Remember- as it sits right now- 24 of the 34 top ranked bands in the US are here - and at least 9 nationally ranked bands are NOT going to finals.  

wow.  WHAT A GAUNTLET!!