UIL 6A 2023 State Marching Band Contest (Oct. 30. & 31)

LeanderMomma

3 minutes ago, tubapop said:

Did Tomball memorial really mimic a suicide of their price is right contestant? Or did I misunderstand it?

It’s one of the games from the show. You guess a price and it moves how many spaces you’re off from guessing the right price. If you’re off too much the yodeler would fall off the cliff 

9 minutes ago, tubapop said:

Did Tomball memorial really mimic a suicide of their price is right contestant? Or did I misunderstand it?

No. In the cliffhanger game on price is right, the goal is to guess the price of the items without going over. If the climber... Not a real person.... Went over... You lost. It is not a contestant on the cliffhanger or a suicide. 

1 hour ago, LostChoirGuy said:

How many Wylie schools are there?  If it's just the two then they both made it.  There is also College Station ISD maybe... 

Yes, A&M Consolidated and College Station HS from College Station ISD both made it to state in 5A. The third HS in CSISD, College View, doesn't have a marching band.

THAT'S HOW YOU DO IT WOODLANDS!!! What an incredible show!!! Guard is WOW as always, great soloist, huge and very well balanced ensemble sounds, great soloist, just WOW!!! I do wonder how they will place here, but they should do great at GN's! Can't wait to see them again for nats in couple weekends, great job Woodlands!!! 

1 minute ago, LostChoirGuy said:

I love the stripe of yellow in the woodlands uniforms pant leg.  It makes it easy to see mistakes, but looks sooo cool when they are jazz running together.  The visual GE it creates is phenomenal.  Do we think TWHS could take home a visual caption at grand nats? 

100% It won't be easy against Avon or Carmel, but I could see them taking it, a contender for the Eagle for sure!