UIL 6A 2023 State Marching Band Contest (Oct. 30. & 31)

LeanderMomma

On 10/22/2023 at 3:48 PM, Hard Core Band Fan said:

Yes, NFHS is the worst platform for marching band events. They truly don't care. Playing a commercial in the middle of a performance is no big deal to them. These are sports people and all band stuff is just background noise. They almost make me appreciate Box5 and FloMarching. Almost. It's cheap, though. $12 a month. And it's cheap because it sucks.

They were so terrible at the football games this year that I canceled and they kept me by charging 99 cents for the next month. The camera work was awful and they tended to not play the halftime sound and randomly had commercials everywhere. 

On 1/28/2023 at 7:27 PM, SleepySeal said:

Same here. Although area once for me. Harker Heights was my school. I believe this will be one of the most competitive and entertaining seasons. As bands step it up and change things immediately to get a shot at state. 

What school did you attend? Any progression since?

aged like milk

On 10/23/2023 at 4:18 PM, AWildAltoSax said:

Based on what I have seen and my knowledge, here are my early predictions:
1. Woodlands
2. Vandegrift
3. Hebron
4. Marcus 
5. Reagan
6. Flowermound
7. Vista Ridge
8. Pearland
9. Coppell
10. Round Rock
11. CTJ
12. LD Bell
13. Dripping Springs
14. Cypress Woods
————-
Outs and Horses:
15. Westwood
16. Bridgeland OR Wax
17-20. Cy-Fair, Westlake, other bands up here.

oh how cool would that be. since twhs' administrators seem obsessed w/ crap like the Lone Star Cup, maybe the band could parlay their UIL success into getting their 4th band director position back LOL.

kinda wonderin' what their woodwind content rank is gonna be like, not featured as much as Vandy's or Hebron's or many other bands', not full ensemble anyway. other rankings should be fine.

41 minutes ago, LeanderMomma said:

Y’all need to start composing your letters now to send to UIL regarding the upcoming NFHS stream of the SMBC. We inundated them last year and lets do it again!  This is the only way it will ever change!  

I'd like to agree with you, but UIL and change do not mix well. It was probably the cheapest option. Saved a dollar or two...