10. Westlake H.S., TX 78.05
11. Dripping Springs H.S., TX 76.05
12. James Bowie H.S., TX 75.55

Outstanding Music Performance: Vista Ridge H.S., TX
Outstanding Visual Performance: (tie) Vandegrift H.S., TX & Rouse H.S., TX
Outstanding General Effect: Rouse H.S., TX

No like the rankings for everything, prelims finals, ty though

A bit unrelated but- 

It's a bit disappointing to experience band parents/volunteers make negative comments in the stands on other programs who they're competing against. I just wish they were a lil more mindful of their surroundings 🙃. Although, it's a bit ironic that the band they were shaming for "not actually being loud" ended up winning the whole competition. 

On a better note, absolutely crazy turn of events with Rouse, it's quite the come-up. Top 1-5 is definitely gonna be a toss up as the season progresses. It's aboutta be a whirlwind of a month as we start our journey to state/nats.

4 minutes ago, Miyazuu said:

A bit unrelated but- 

It's a bit disappointing to experience band parents/volunteers make negative comments in the stands on other programs who they're competing against. I just wish they were a lil more mindful of their surroundings 🙃. Although, it's a bit ironic that the band they were shaming for "not actually being loud" ended up winning the whole competition. 

On a better note, absolutely crazy turn of events with Rouse, it's quite the come-up. Top 1-5 is definitely gonna be a toss up as the season progresses. It's aboutta be a whirlwind of a month as we start our journey to state/nats.

Yep, this is why I just don't attend live anymore. People are so rude and inconsiderate. 

8 minutes ago, Miyazuu said:

A bit unrelated but- 

They should talk to those judges, I’d love to see how that would end lol. 
On the side note, Every band parent/volunteer, is doing the same thing for their band program as any other band parent/volunteer is, they put in sooooo much work that it is not even measurable. Making negative comments against other bands is very immature, and disrespectful. My directors would make people run 5 laps around the marching field if they ever heard about anyone disrespecting other programs.

54 minutes ago, Hard Core Band Fan said:

Yep, this is why I just don't attend live anymore. People are so rude and inconsiderate. 

Haven’t really had any overheard interactions of that kind when I’ve gone to contests every year for a decent bit now, at least ones I can remember, maybe I’ve just been lucky. I’m sure they do happen though, no doubt.

16 minutes ago, Origin said:

Round Rock 11th in prelims 🤔

torched by Turner and Torchia. Torchia's score for them doesn't make aaany sense based on my watching finals high cam. Howell nailed it for ens vis for them imo, he usually does. one of the cleaner upstairs vis programs. ill be surprised if they miss Nats finals.

overall prelims scores look moooostly reasonable based on what i saw in finals lol, but still need those finals scores!!! why the delay!!!

15 minutes ago, Origin said:

Round Rock 11th in prelims 🤔

I didn't catch their prelims performance but it is the same group of judges so they must have been much better in finals. Vandegrift was also over a point ahead of Rouse so prelim scores can always be a bit wonky. It does make me wonder if Austin took 12 back in 2019 where Round Rock just missed finals would they have done better with a second performance as they had strong results the rest of the season. I'm excited to see how everyone does moving forward!

26 minutes ago, Vidal28 said:

Haven’t really had any overheard interactions of that kind when I’ve gone to contests every year for a decent bit now, at least ones I can remember, maybe I’ve just been lucky. I’m sure they do happen though, no doubt.

Well, my experiences are a culmination of over 50 years of attending marching competitions. In the last 10 years there has been stark increase of people talking during performances, making rude comments about bands with no concern about who may hear them, and just all around inconsiderate behavior. Nothing beats the live performances, but the trade-off of not having to endure the unpleasant things is worth it for me. I do, however, miss the excitement of live performance.