39 minutes ago, Band_Daddy said:

To State:

Keller

Waxahachie

Coppell

Lake Ridge

SLC

Duncanville 

no Timber Creek. Yes they haven't competed recently but after seeing them at dfw, there's no way they don't make it, especially if they have cleaned up which I'm sure they have. And don't sleep on Bell! they are doing amazing this season  

Here's my top 6

1st: Coppell

2nd: Keller

3rd: Waxahachie 

4th: Bell

5th: TC 

6th: SLC/Dville/Lake Ridge 

41 minutes ago, Tubalord11 said:

no Timber Creek. Yes they haven't competed recently but after seeing them at dfw, there's no way they don't make it, especially if they have cleaned up which I'm sure they have. And don't sleep on Bell! they are doing amazing this season  

Here's my top 6

1st: Coppell

2nd: Keller

3rd: Waxahachie 

4th: Bell

5th: TC 

6th: SLC/Dville/Lake Ridge 

Watch this :  https://youtu.be/mv9fK1EEjWU

10 minutes ago, Band_Daddy said:

Watch this :  https://youtu.be/mv9fK1EEjWU

I have seen this run already, and while I do think it's great, at least imo, they aren't over Bell, who I have seen live at bow dfw (and keep in mind they were over Keller and waxa here), and Timber Creek, but again, just my opinion, as anything could happen here, but I'm definitely rooting Lake Ridge on to make state 

13 minutes ago, Tubalord11 said:

I have seen this run already, and while I do think it's great, at least imo, they aren't over Bell, who I have seen live at bow dfw (and keep in mind they were over Keller and waxa here), and Timber Creek, but again, just my opinion, as anything could happen here, but I'm definitely rooting Lake Ridge on to make state 

I actually forgot about LD Bell..  They have always been good!  Looks like there is data that indicates they should make it..  Tell me more about TC.   It's too bad that this is such a tough Area.  But at the same time good for us to get to witness. 

11 hours ago, peshbandkid said:

It's Area Week! After a competitive Duncanville contest, here's how I am feeling about this area. 

1-4: Coppell, Keller, Waxahachie, L.D. Bell

I think these four have created enough separation to advance. Bell was ahead of Keller and Waxa at BOA Dallas, but BOA results don't always translate to UIL results. Still, I think L.D. Bell will still advance with this trio

5-8: Lake Ridge, Duncanville, Southlake Carroll, Timber Creek

Here's where I cannot decide. Lake Ridge has been decent all season long, but so has TC. Not to metion that SLC has cleaned up over time and Duncanville has a MUCH better show design (in my opinion) compared to last year. To be completely honest, I could see any two of these groups go onto state with the top 4

9-14: Keller Central, Lake Highlands, James Martin, Haltom, Berkner, Highland Park

The finals bubble! Again, any combination of four could be in finals.

Although this is how I see things going down, results from the 5A contests on Saturday told me we're gonna see even more random judging.

I definitely agree, we are going to see some random judging here! One of the judges for this competition was also a judge at BOA DFW and Keller lost tons of visual points for not having their tarps in. I'd be surprised if they crack top 5 at this comp.

2 hours ago, flagspinner said:

I definitely agree, we are going to see some random judging here! One of the judges for this competition was also a judge at BOA DFW and Keller lost tons of visual points for not having their tarps in. I'd be surprised if they crack top 5 at this comp.

Even with that judge, Keller will be clean enough to finish in the top 5, likely the top 3. What will be interesting is seeing how the bubble bands place. 

1 hour ago, music2001 said:

What do people think about Duncanville’s show this year? I know they haven’t done many performances but there’s quite a few videos on YouTube.

I thought they were great when they performed in exhibition! A couple moments where I wished they weren’t blasting us with full volume but they’re another band that I could definitely see advance to state. 

On 10/13/2022 at 3:17 PM, Dallas Hobbs said:

Ooh I see. They’re limited to a certain number of qualifiers so they’re forced to break the tie. My suggestion of permitting more bands to be qualified for state is probably a question for UIL/TMEA officials. Not sure if they would’ve liked it though lol

Thats what happened with TC and LD Bell last year

On 10/11/2022 at 1:29 PM, Efrin said:

So many excellent bands in Area B!  My sleeper pick for Area Finals this year is Lake Highlands. 

Reagan Brumley (former Director of Bands at Highland Park, 2011-2020) is now in his 2nd year at LH.  He and his excellent staff are building a great program with some super-dedicated students. 

LH was 9th in Area B prelims last year.  I was able to see them perform a couple weeks ago at the Midlothian contest.  So impressive.  They seemed to be well ahead of where they were at the same time last year - and with a more demanding book.   Will be interesting to see where they finish at the Duncanville invitational.