2022 BOA Austin (Sept. 24)

2 minutes ago, Waywey said:

Austin missed out on finals by .5 to Dawson, super unfortunate from the once big powerhouse as they had technical issues and missing tarps for the props.
And no surprised to see groups such as Woodlands and Pearland be up there in finals so great work from them

BOA N Houston thread is over there ----->

4 minutes ago, GeekBoy54 said:

Where's the consistency and continuity within the judging system in this contest?

Oh wait, silly me I forgot...there is none.

There was plenty of consistency in this panel. Just check the scores of the other bands. Leander didn't have a great run. It happens. 

1 hour ago, GeekBoy54 said:

Where's the consistency and continuity within the judging system in this contest?

Oh wait, silly me I forgot...there is none.

I love when people try to illegitimize the performances of thousands of teenagers because their personal ranking of the bands was different than the judges panel. 
This happens every year on these forums and it disgusts me 

8 hours ago, Marchingbandperson said:

I love when people try to illegitimize the performances of thousands of teenagers because their personal ranking of the bands was different than the judges panel. 

Wow, you're ignorant. If you read my other comment in this thread, I said I had them (Leander) elsewhere, meaning I had them higher. How is that illegitimizing their performance or the other bands? Please tell me.

12 hours ago, Marchingbandperson said:

People just have a hard time stepping away from their bias and refusing to come to terms their bands did not do as well as they did in prelims (lest we forget, multiple comments were made regarding concern over early season performances). So the next step is the blame the judges, despite the fact all the other bands moved placements 0-3 spots max (arguably normal) while Leander was the only one who dropped outside of that.

Hendrickson: 12th -> 9th (+3)

Leander 7th -> 12th (-5)

Westwood 10th -> 10th (Same)

Bowie 9th -> 8th (+1)

Westlake 8th -> 7th (+1)

Lake Travis 11th -> 11th (Same

Round Rock 4th -> 6th (+2)

Cedar Park 3rd -> 3rd (Same)

Rouse 6th -> 5th (+1)

Cedar Ridge 3rd -> 2nd (+1)

Vandy 1st -> 1st (Same)

Vista Ridge 5th -> 4th (-1)

Edit: All bands did fantastic, and I'm eagerly looking forward to what the season has to offer (especially with some of our climbing contenders such as RR and CR) but dissing the judges and in part the band placements because your band did not end up where you wanted is not right.