2022 BOA Austin (Sept. 24)

49 minutes ago, RoseGoldRevival said:

Edit: All bands did fantastic, and I'm eagerly looking forward to what the season has to offer (especially with some of our climbing contenders such as RR and CR) but dissing the judges and in part the band placements because your band did not end up where you wanted is not right. 

It's my opinion, and I stand by it. No one has to agree with it. This is the last time I'm saying this. I'm not involved with any band, I'm just fans like most of you, and have been so for years. 

Edit: Thanks for the laugh reaction, real mature. If you're going to call me out indirectly, don't act surprised when I respond back directly! :)

Edit 2: And now you removed it! Very clever...

34 minutes ago, GeekBoy54 said:

It's my opinion, and I stand by it. No one has to agree with it. This is the last time I'm saying this. I'm not involed with any band, I'm just fans like most of you, and have been so for years. 

Edit: Thanks for the laugh reaction, real mature. If you're going to call me out indirectly, don't act surprised when I respond back directly! :)

The comment is a general statement and display of placement trends between prelims and finals, not some kind of subtweet. This kind of behavior happens in both BOA and DCI, just a few months ago people were arguing BD doesn't deserve a championship title and the judges have no skill. In both activities behavior such as this is unsavory and unnecessary to both spectators and performers. 

Like all participants on this forum, everyone is entitled to their opinion and everyone is able to respond to such opinions whether that's "direct" or a general statement like my previous comment. The world continues to spin on its axis no matter what the judges decide and at the end of the day the activity is about the students involved, not us on these forums. I hope you have the day you deserve and that you enjoy the rest of your weekend! As Courtney said on the field, back to bands! 🥰

Edit: Yes, I did react with a laugh and shortly removed it. I full recognize and admit it was an immature action. It's important to practice as you preach and said action was unnecessary for something so trivial. I apologize if you were upset by it!

23 minutes ago, RoseGoldRevival said:

The comment is a general statement and display of placement trends between prelims and finals, not some kind of subtweet. This kind of behavior happens in both BOA and DCI, just a few months ago people were arguing BD doesn't deserve a championship title and the judges have no skill. In both activities behavior such as this is unsavory and unnecessary to both spectators and performers. 

Like all participants on this forum, everyone is entitled to their opinion and everyone is able to respond to such opinions whether that's "direct" or a general statement like my previous comment. The world continues to spin on its axis no matter what the judges decide and at the end of the day the activity is about the students involved, not us on these forums. I hope you have the day you deserve and that you enjoy the rest of your weekend! As Courtney said on the field, back to bands! 🥰

Thank you very much. Have the day you deserve as well, and don't put words in other people's mouths!  Happy Sunday 🥰

Edit: I wasn't upset about it, I just thought it was funny in an ironic way for you to do that. I'm having a great laugh. You do you though!