2022 BOA DFW (Oct. 8)

Hebron: Odyssey FM: one word: WOW!!!!! Guys I don’t see them not winning this!!!! They are so freaking clean, and this is probably their hardest musical book yet(yes harder than last years)!!!! I don’t really get the theme but they are just already so freaking good! They might be back to back 6A champions, but holy crap!!!! So beautiful,  just beautiful!!! 

Have to say this is easily Hebron's most challenging show visually and musically. The demand is off the charts but they're doing a good job taking it on. Love their saxophone soloists again and I really enjoy the more upbeat theme and music they're going with this year. Definitely had a tag ending, so they clearly aren't done adding. I'm excited to see how the show progresses!

7 minutes ago, Tubalord11 said:

James Martin: sit down stand up: so I guess they are doing the same show as prosper??? It was very good and had lots of great musical moments. Loved the tuba solo!!! Some dirt visually but a great performance! 

When I was watching James Martin I kept thinking that I've definitely seen this show already this year even though this is my first time watching James Martin. That must be it.

On 10/8/2022 at 11:57 AM, krustyjoe said:

Wakeland moved a lot while Lone Star barely went behind the front hash. they sounded great i'll admit, but visually i don't think they'll be as clean as Wakeland this season. while they do have a bigger program going for them, i think Wakeland has better moments overall when they're playing in place. both groups have things they need to work on, but overall ill have to give it to Wakeland by a long shot, especially since their show is definitely more physically challenging

Yeah idk it’s probably just me I’d be personally surprised if LS topped Wakeland but I just love their show this year, well I love both!!! FISD schools are only getting better 

1 hour ago, Tubalord11 said:

Lone Star-Primal: WHAT WAS THAT?!?!? That is the best LoneStar band I’ve ever heard!!! These kids are just placing the character of the show so well!!!! I honestly think they did better than Wakeland over all!!! I mean that was just incredible!!! I’m losing it right now! 

They were one of my favorites from WMI last weekend!

Interesting direction for Waxahachie. I’m never the biggest fan of flat rectangle props. The Eiffel Tower stage is really cool though. Very cute show. As usual, they sound great. I think the whole show is on the field? If so, they’re wayyyy ahead of where they were last year. 

29 minutes ago, GeekBoy54 said:

No but for real, does anyone have a video of Hebron? Can't find them anywhere and I still have yet to see their show.

the one i found yesterday was done by searching for Hebron band on YT and sorting for vids within the past week. it's from the Mesquite festival and don't think it had Hebron in the title. recognized the white unis in the thumbnail. no closer.

is Czapinski judging effect in finals? juuust curious.