2019 BOA Texas (and GN) schedule

Seven Lakes is in Katy, a Houston suburb so they are technically still in the triangle.

I believe that the reference to the programs in the Triangle scooping up a quick win - was referring to those that routinely medal/win in other BOA events from DFW/Houston/Austin/SA and come to McAllen for an easier medal - same could be said for the Midland BOA

if you compare the level of competition at the other BOA regional events - McAllen and Midland events lack the depth of those other, more established shows - though we can hope it will continue to be more competitive over time 

In McAllen this year, the point gap between 1st and second place was 3.35 points

as week later in Austin - the point gap between 1st and 5th place was 3.70 points

that just defines the depth of the Austin and many other Texas Regional events

JB Alexander finished 2nd in McAllen and 32nd in SA SR

Timber Creek finished 1st in Midland and 17th in SA SR

that is not to demean the JBA or TC programs that continues to grow and show great promise. but more so that the DFW, Houston Austin and SA regional events are far more established with a greater depth of established programs

Timber Creek is also a Triangle band, and they also comfortably made finals at Bedford this year.

And I meant the more expansive view. Even bands that don’t necessarily medal at the more established regionals are going for lower hanging fruit in Midland and McAllen and I want a band actually from the region itself to top them.

I had to reread banddad84's post to understand. It wasnt implying that TC isnt a "Texas Triangle" band but rather that winning the Midland or McAllen regional is significantly less impressive than winning other Texas regionals given the overall placement of the bands that win them at BOA SA. True, but not exactly a new statement.

• 1 month later...

Now that FloMarching and Bands of America have released the 2019 schedule, I wanted to put the Texas schedule out there for we avid (or should I say rabid?) TXBands fans. And I am including GN of course, as so many Texas bands are going next fall. Here are the upcoming BOA dates in Texas for 2019:

September 21 McAllen (@Veterans Memorial Stadium)

September 28 Austin (@Kelly Reeves)

October 5 DFW (@Pennington Field)

Houston (@Legacy Stadium in Katy)

October 12 Midland (@Grande Communications Stadium)

October 19 Waco (@McClane Stadium)

November 1&2 San Antonio Super Regional (@Alamodome)

November 14-16 Grand Nationals (@Lucas Oil Stadium)

My best friend’s son is getting married in October. No actual date set yet. I sure hope they pick a date that works around this BOA schedule! These are first world problems, people!! :D

No, but really.

My best friend’s son is getting married in October. No actual date set yet. I sure hope they pick a date that works around this BOA schedule! These are first world problems, people!! :D

No, but really.

I have friends getting married in October and I'm afraid for the date too. Planning to go to St. Louis and Lynchburg tentatively, but that might get put to the side.

Yep, they are pretty sure it will be that weekend. On Sunday afternoon in NW Arkansas. <wondering if I can make a 10 hour drive Saturday night after SA finals and come right back home on Monday>. Ugh.

yikes!  I doubt they have red eye flights going into nw ark airport either for another option. We would fly in and out of tulsa when we lived up there- maybe a red eye flight sa to tulsa, and then it's just a 1 1/2- 2 hour drive depending on where in NW ark it is?

Or talk them into the next weekend- and you just bundle it with your Indy trip... stop there for the wedding and then go onto indy! :)

yikes! I doubt they have red eye flights going into nw ark airport either for another option. We would fly in and out of tulsa when we lived up there- maybe a red eye flight sa to tulsa, and then it's just a 1 1/2- 2 hour drive depending on where in NW ark it is?

Or talk them into the next weekend- and you just bundle it with your Indy trip... stop there for the wedding and then go onto indy! :)

I’ve thought about that! Combining the trips. But I can’t leave my preschool for that long. They manage without me for a few days, but if it’s more than that, it becomes a mess.

I really want to see a Valley or Laredo band win this regional for once. Even better, I would love them to win it over a program from within the Triangle looking to scoop up a quick win.

Harlingen came within 3 points of Ctj in 2015 for 2nd place and won the first boa regional in the valley in 2005.. So It certainly can be done, Harlingen also came in 6th at San Antonio in 2001 before it became a super regional and won the For some reason Harlingen stopped going to boa the last two years, but John B Alexander and San Benito seem to be coming up down there. I agree that it would be nice to see a valley win in McAllen. I started band at Harlingen before I moved north so I spent middle school years listening to all of those great valley bands, always root for them.