Area B 2018

I'm not much of a coffee drinker either.  The only time I really drink it is at Super Regional.

I'll drink it when it's really really cold and then only one cup.

Ironically I do like the salted caramel iced coffee that Aldi's carries this time of year.I only discovered that because my son asked me to buy some for him and I obliged last year. I've bought a few this year for us both but forget they are there soon after and finally drank one when I saw him with one.  

Concession Stands often have both coffee and hot chocolate. If you ask for it they will sell you a cup with half of each.

“The reasonable man adapts himself to the world: the unreasonable one persists in trying to adapt the world to himself. Therefore all progress depends on the unreasonable man.”

- George Bernard Shaw

"I am that unreasonable man"

- 1998-2018

I know it's probably hard to believe....but I've never had Starbucks. lol Not a huge coffee drinker, don't like it fancy and I have a home business so I don't have any reason to go buy coffee. Weird huh? :-)

I don't drink coffee, either! I'm one of those weird "I actually really like water" people. If I have anything, it's tea. Starbucks does have yummy tea, but I don't go there often.

I have only been to starbucks a small handful of times and it was because someone gave me a gift card. I got the peppermint hot chocolate, which was decent but nowhere near worth the price. I dont drink coffee either and as many of you have said, water is my beverage of choice.

We used to go to Seattle's Best before Starbucks shut them down and order the Cocoa Trio hot chocolate. That was so wonderful...

I know it's probably hard to believe....but I've never had Starbucks. lol Not a huge coffee drinker, don't like it fancy and I have a home business so I don't have any reason to go buy coffee. Weird huh? :-)

I have only been in one because someone wanted to meet there. Ordered a water! I think I had their hot chocolate once too.

I don't drink coffee either.

Predictions for Area B is really a head turner as there are many bands that are deserving of finals. Here are my very deep thoughts

1.Keller

2.Timber

—————

3.L.D Bell

4. Waxa

5. Coppell

6. Prosper

7.Richland

8. Keller Central

Bubble:

9. Haltom

10. Plano East

The comments on these forums have been relatively condescending, as there are many band kids who read these forums, and many band parents who are trying to hype up realtivly dead bands.... Note these are my thoughts, and yes, I have seen all of these bands.

These rankings are probably the most accurate I have seen. You seem to have vast knowledge of the marching band world.

Predictions for Area B is really a head turner as there are many bands that are deserving of finals. Here are my very deep thoughts

1.Keller

2.Timber

—————

3.L.D Bell

4. Waxa

5. Coppell

6. Prosper

7.Richland

8. Keller Central

Bubble:

9. Haltom

10. Plano East

The comments on these forums have been relatively condescending, as there are many band kids who read these forums, and many band parents who are trying to hype up realtivly dead bands.... Note these are my thoughts, and yes, I have seen all of these bands.

I see everyone ranking Keller central over bands who ranked higher 2 years ago, who I know have only gotten better. Have they improved a lot?

I see everyone ranking Keller central over bands who ranked higher 2 years ago, who I know have only gotten better. Have they improved a lot?

I think Keller Central has remained a steady contender in finals in this area for years, though not one of the very top bands.  I think they are improving at about the same rate as other bands.  Their placement in 2016 shouldn't necessarily mean that they are out for the count though.  That being said, I think they will be hard pressed to find one of the state spots this year.  They always play very well and have great (and in my opinion very intriguing) drill routines that if performed well can lead to success at UIL.

Timber Creek is the one that I really know the least about here and I didn't get to see their DFW performance, so I haven't seen anything about them.  I am hesitant to put them too high because there are other bands that I know have learned to do what it takes when it counts most from all of the experience.  I do think that there is a good chance that they could make their first state appearance this year, though.

I still think Waxahachie will be the biggest "surprise" of the day.  Can you call them a surprise with the success they have been having lately?

Haltom and Richland both looked good tonight at the game. Glad they both got another performance in at the BISD stadium before tomorrow's contest there. Looks like Haltom will have an extended season, as their football team clinched a playoff spot tonight, beating Richland 52-13. Haltom is 8-0 for the first time since the 80s. I always loved it when we made playoffs and got to do a different show every week (after contest season is done, ofc)

I saw Prosper at BOA DFW, I did not really like them that much. Me and a friend decided to go watch them at the Plano Senior @ Prosper game, just to see them again before area. Uhhh, they are scary loud and clean. They have 9 minutes of show now, and I believe 2 more movements. I have seen most of the potential finalists now, all I am going to say is do not count them out for Top 5. You

might be surprised.

I saw Prosper at BOA DFW, I did not really like them that much. Me and a friend decided to go watch them at the Plano Senior @ Prosper game, just to see them again before area. Uhhh, they are scary loud and clean. They have 9 minutes of show now, and I believe 2 more movements. I have seen most of the potential finalists now, all I am going to say is do not count them out for Top 5. You

might be surprised.

What have they changed since then? I wasn’t able to see the show tonight.

What have they changed since then? I wasn’t able to see the show tonight.

So much. They have lots of new tempos, new Flags for color guard, lots of new visuals, and just much louder overall. The trombone soli in their ballad was absolutely fantastic. In their new parts to the BOA DFW show, they have a new visual in a hold where one player kneels, and the other stands up on the kneeler’s leg I believe. Also, the end of the show is a tie back to the movement after the fanfare(which was absolutely stunning). Very interested to see how they do for the rest of their season.

Haltom and Richland both looked good tonight at the game. Glad they both got another performance in at the BISD stadium before tomorrow's contest there. Looks like Haltom will have an extended season, as their football team clinched a playoff spot tonight, beating Richland 52-13. Haltom is 8-0 for the first time since the 80s. I always loved it when we made playoffs and got to do a different show every week (after contest season is done, ofc)

Its was Haltoms year, and by the way I love how the BISD school bands support each other. The Haltom band gave us (Richland) and wonderful acknowledgement and last Monday and Region they waited for us to perform and again cheered us on. Thank you Haltom and Birdville for the great support for each other. Good luck in the playoffs and in Area today. Go BISD!! 

Its was Haltoms year, and by the way I love how the BISD school bands support each other. The Haltom band gave us (Richland) and wonderful acknowledgement and last Monday and Region they waited for us to perform and again cheered us on. Thank you Haltom and Birdville for the great support for each other. Good luck in the playoffs and in Area today. Go BISD!!

It does my heart good, seeing how the BISD bands support each other. The wave between the two bands last night was awesome! Richland sounded fantastic and (from the back even) looked great! I'm very excited for y'all and Haltom today. Wishing y'all the best!