Area B 2018

I’m surprised by Duncanville with the equipment failure but glad they got their 2nd chance!

Equipment failure does not impact the score all that much because most of the time its completely out of the kid's hands. It might make the difference between 5th and 6th, but not enough to kick someone from 5th to 11th. Unless the 5-11 placements are within a point or something. Sometimes cables short out, microphones don't work, the stadium power doesn't work, etc. And judges, especially in UIL, are juding music and marching, not GE, which a lot of electronics fall into.

We were tied for 21st place or came in 23rd.

To say our kids were disappointed would be an understatement. They basically took their dinner on the bus and headed home.

It’s frustrating when you have judges not give one piece of negative criticism but then put you at the bottom. At least tell us what they need to work on.

I was super happy to see Mansfield make it. My friend’s daughter is on the guard and they did not expect to final. They were hanging around because they knew Summit probably would.

I’m surprised by Duncanville with the equipment failure but glad they got their 2nd chance!

I understand the disappointment so I won't say they shouldn't be upset but this competition was brutal...there are truly no "losers" at Area B

Best of luck the rest of this season.

Same here....I guess I shouldn't be surprised based on the competition in Mansfield a few weeks ago.

Ok...I'm sticking with my prediction.

• Keller
  • Prosper
  • Waxahachie
  • Timber Creek
  • LD Bell 
  • Those giving LD Bell a run for their money for the last spot
    • Coppell
    • Haltom

I'll take 3 out of 5.....

And, yes, those were some surprising results.  Bell in 8th????  Didn't see that one coming.

Honestly? This area is so packed, the points don't matter to me. It was an open field and we could lament the judges scoring until we're blue in the face and it'll change nothing.

Let the disappointed bands feel disappointed. It's 100% understandable. In the end, they will know they did their best and that's all anyone can expect.

Let the ones who are advancing enjoy their success, maybe...perhaps?? without harshly questioning their placement??? Please?? Criticizing the judges is just a way of saying "so-and-so didn't deserve their advancement." It's unnecessary. Let's be kind. ❤️