Area B 2018

What a riot! Thank you, everyone. Our collective sense of humor and community has been restored. In keeping with the new theme I'd like to remind everyone the rankings have completely overlooked one group that always seems to be in the thick of the battle, so I did some research. They have advanced to the SMBC every year for as long as records have been kept.

The Concession Stand!

This is likely an important fundraiser for somebody's band program. Please spend some money there too. I know you will. :)

What a riot! Thank you, everyone. Our collective sense of humor and community has been restored. In keeping with the new theme I'd like to remind everyone the rankings have completely overlooked one group that always seems to be in the thick of the battle, so I did some research. They have advanced to the SMBC every year for as long as records have been kept.

The Concession Stand!

This is likely an important fundraiser for somebody's band program. Please spend some money there too. I know you will. :)

Exactly!  Buy all the food!

Everyone is sleeping on Andy’s! Just because they only do custard and not other food doesn’t mean they can’t win.

Sure we all know UIL values a wide range of options, but I think Andy’s can finally steal a state spot and upset a perineal state participant.

In other band news, go marching bands.

Everyone is sleeping on Andy’s! Just because they only do custard and not other food doesn’t mean they can’t win.

Sure we all know UIL values a wide range of options, but I think Andy’s can finally steal a state spot and upset a perineal state participant.

I think it's BOA that prefers lots of options and UIL tends to focus on a couple things. If I'm correct it could work in Andy's favor this weekend.

I consider them the Keller of this competition.....really the only "lock".  It's custard....and who doesn't like custard.  Especially when you can add virtually any topping or candy inside of it...……..

Ok...….now I want some Andy's custard...…

I consider them the Keller of this competition.....really the only "lock". It's custard....and who doesn't like custard. Especially when you can add virtually any topping or candy inside of it...……..

Ok...….now I want some Andy's custard...…

Funny you should mention that, Keller is getting an Andy’s just south of their stadium. It looks really close to opening.

Ok. I must speak. Not one person has mentioned Cane's! Their special sauce, those crinkle fries, and that Texas toast that's actually Texas-sized?! They may be the underdog, but I see great potential for them. They may not be in Chick-fil-A's caliber, but give them a chance!

Also, Concession Stand has my vote, too. No hype. Just good food. Who doesn't want a funnel cake? (And yes, all 3 BISD bands gain much-needed fundraising dollars from this, especially after having to cancel the Festival earlier this season.)

I mean Cane's is okay but they really just copied Bush's Chicken. :lol:  :P

I can’t believe not one person has mentioned Starbucks this season. They are so bold and so innovative. Not to mention the incredible aroma they produce. Very underestimated this year in my book.

I'm concerned they are just getting by based on their early history which seemed much stronger. They're still very good but other than being so big, do they really stand out anymore? So many others to consider now and I feel like they have slipped. But maybe it's just me. My daughter loves them.

Also, Concession Stand has my vote, too. No hype. Just good food. Who doesn't want a funnel cake? (And yes, all 3 BISD bands gain much-needed fundraising dollars from this, especially after having to cancel the Festival earlier this season.)

That's right! My Concession Stand support ($$$) just tripled.

I'm concerned they are just getting by based on their early history which seemed much stronger. They're still very good but other than being so big, do they really stand out anymore? So many others to consider now and I feel like they have slipped. But maybe it's just me. My daughter loves them.

You do have a point there, and let's not forget that their band fees are ridiculous!

You do have a point there, and let's not forget that their band fees are ridiculous!

I was trying to figure out the right way to work the cost into my comment but couldn't find the phrase to make it work. Yours made me laugh so hard I had two Pit Bulls and a Min Pin looking at me wondering what situation they needed to step into. Both breeds are definitely poractive problem solvers.

I know it's probably hard to believe....but I've never had Starbucks. lol Not a huge coffee drinker, don't like it fancy and I have a home business so I don't have any reason to go buy coffee. Weird huh? :-)

I'm not much of a coffee drinker either.  The only time I really drink it is at Super Regional.