Area B 2018

This 100%.

I have seen most of these bands live, but it has been 2-3 weeks for most of them. I have seen some live as recently as a few days ago.

I have ZERO clue what is going to happen at this Area other than the fact that there will likely be perennial Finalists who don't make Finals (not because they are doing any worse) and/or perennial State Advancers that won't advance to State (again, not for doing any worse).

This area is just 245% nuts. I mean, look at that 2nd block of Prelims!!!

NOBODY is safe in this Area. You need to have your absolute best performance in Prelims just to have a shot at making Finals and you need to be perfect again in Finals just to have a shot at Advancing. This Area leaves absolutely zero margin for a slightly off run. You could go from 1st in Prelims to not advancing to State in a heartbeat.

Just ask a Hendrickson member from 2014.

Yep. Trust me those placements are 100% correct. In fact, here's a FloMarching video with Timber's director where she even confirms this (skip to 4:18):

https://www.flomarching.com/video/6253707-darla-mcbryde-on-timber-creeks-2018-season

If that's not enough take it from personal experience as a former member. So proud of these guys and how far they've come.

I had no reason to doubt it based on what I could remember. However, I have seen others post a few "alternative facts" on here lately. Trust but verify always made sense to me, particularly on the internet. :)

As for Timber Creek, they are one of my candidates for most improved in the three previous years. Waxahachie is the other. Saturday night we'll find out if it's enough.

I hear a couple more bands have improved enough to have their supporters excited and confident. :)

I had no reason to doubt it based on what I could remember. However, I have seen others post a few "alternative facts" on here lately. Trust but verify always made sense to me, particularly on the internet. :)

As for Timber Creek, they are one of my candidates for most improved in the three previous years. Waxahachie is the other. Saturday night we'll find out if it's enough.

I hear a couple more bands have improved enough to have their supporters excited and confident. :)

Haha no worries, no offense was taken. I know precisely what you mean. Guess we will just have to see how things play out on Saturday!

A note to those who are coming to Area B contest.....the main parking area will be reserved for buses and equipment trucks. There won't be much in the actual parking lot of the FAAC for spectators, so it was suggested to use the parking lots at Lowe's on Precinct Line, Home Depot on Mid Cities or Legacy Church of Christ on Mid Cities

A note to those who are coming to Area B contest.....the main parking area will be reserved for buses and equipment trucks. There won't be much in the actual parking lot of the FAAC for spectators, so it was suggested to use the parking lots at Lowe's on Precinct Line, Home Depot on Mid Cities or Legacy Church of Christ on Mid Cities

Thank You for this.   Do you know if businesses have an agreement with the stadium not to tow?  Just from previous experience, I have to ask :)      Do you know if there are any restaurants within walking distance of the stadium?          

Thank You for this.   Do you know if businesses have an agreement with the stadium not to tow?  Just from previous experience, I have to ask :)      Do you know if there are any restaurants within walking distance of the stadium?          

Taco Bueno!!!

Thank You for this. Do you know if businesses have an agreement with the stadium not to tow? Just from previous experience, I have to ask :) Do you know if there are any restaurants within walking distance of the stadium?

Within reasonable walking distance there is:

Rosa’s

Whataburger

Taco Bueno

IHOP

Panda Express

Cici’s

Steak and Shake

Andy’s

And quite a few sit down restaurants in the area just south of the complex.

From the info we got the ones I listed are probably the only ones where you are sure not to get towed. So Lowe's, Home Depot and Legacy Church of Christ. Anything else is at your own risk I would imagine.

Adding....if you are at all familiar with the area you can probably park at the NRH Rec Centre NRH Library without issue as well, but it's a further trek and will be not so fun after dark. But it is an option.

Ahhhh, didn't realize it was near the Legacy C of C!  I've been there many times.   :)  Good people there, and the parking lot is HUGE!

I don't have any predictions but I 100% believe in our kids and their ability to make finals. They have yet to peak, and if we peak at area...I'm okay with that. I know there are other bands that will only settle for an advancement to state, but our kids just want Area Finals.  If they were by some miracle able to advance to state, we don't even care if we get to finals there.

I don't have any predictions but I 100% believe in our kids and their ability to make finals. They have yet to peak, and if we peak at area...I'm okay with that. I know there are other bands that will only settle for an advancement to state, but our kids just want Area Finals. If they were by some miracle able to advance to state, we don't even care if we get to finals there.

Ditto. Ditto ditto ditto. Great comment.

Within reasonable walking distance there is:

Rosa’s

Whataburger

Taco Bueno

IHOP

Panda Express

Cici’s

Steak and Shake

Andy’s

And quite a few sit down restaurants in the area just south of the complex.

... but if you had to rank the restaurants in placement order, what would your predictions be?

I don't have any predictions but I 100% believe in our kids and their ability to make finals. They have yet to peak, and if we peak at area...I'm okay with that. I know there are other bands that will only settle for an advancement to state, but our kids just want Area Finals.  If they were by some miracle able to advance to state, we don't even care if we get to finals there.

Listen, kid....don't listen to anyone here about these predictions.  All of this is just a bunch of parents who don't know any better than the guy next to us....it's all speculation.

Your band has just as good a chance as any other band out there....the only thing you can control is what you do.  Do your best....the judges will decide everything else.

No matter what happens....no matter the placement....you should be incredibly proud of your achievements!! 

Listen, kid....don't listen to anyone here about these predictions. All of this is just a bunch of parents who don't know any better than the guy next to us....it's all speculation.

Your band has just as good a chance as any other band out there....the only thing you can control is what you do. Do your best....the judges will decide everything else.

No matter what happens....no matter the placement....you should be incredibly proud of your achievements!!

I 100% agree with . What we are saying is honestly not true . It’s our opinion and alll groups are incredible. Just perform your Hearts our really and enjoy your performance. We aren’t judges . We are random

People . Don’t let stuff people say get to get just give it a reason to prove y’all are better than what they say and just perform. Can’t wait to see all groups Saturday. Will be there from beginning to end .