Area B 2018

Disappointed to not see Timber Creek and Haltom go they both had very close points to 5th but the math shows the placements. They both deserved to go to state and work so hard. The judges sheets are very all over the place and not even close to showing what needs to be worked on. Some judges ranks second and some rank tenth. A new judges panel would be selected in the coming years. Congratulations to all the other bands. Keep it Classy and see you next time.

What’s the rule for those of us not as well informed?

Bad Judge Rule / Judge's Preference Rule.

If a band has three first place votes - and it has to be two music and one marching I believe - they win automatically. Another variation is if the area advances at least three bands, any band getting two 3rd or higher place ranks in music and one in marching will also advance too.

What’s the rule for those of us not as well informed?

I’m not quite sure where it applies but I know if a band has 3 judges advance them but their overall ordinal score doesn’t advance them, they will still advance and an extra band will be taken to state. I guess it also applies to first place with Keller.

Disappointed to not see Timber Creek and Haltom go they both had very close points to 5th but the math shows the placements. They both deserved to go to state and work so hard. The judges sheets are very all over the place and not even close to showing what needs to be worked on. Some judges ranks second and some rank tenth. A new judges panel would be selected in the coming years. Congratulations to all the other bands. Keep it Classy and see you next time.

This is one of those areas that could take 10 or even 12 to State and they'd compete very well. (This is not to diss other areas, just to point out how deep this area is). It's heartbreaking to see bands who are SO talented not get to go. If only more could advance. I think the hardest thing to deal with is had one more band made a "1" Timber Creek would've gone, too. Ugh Breaks my heart for the kids.

The thing that stood out to me most tonight was when the Keller and Timber Creek drum majors stayed on the field to talk when everyone left. It almost brought tears to my eyes. Keller is such a respectable program and it shows that these results are irrelevant compared to the relationships that these kids have with another. Bravo Keller and Timber Creek for being great humans!

That's beautiful. I teared up!

I’n gonna need a few bats tonight... anyone know of a bulk supplier?

L.D. Bell deserved better come on and I believe the UIL tiebreaker rule needs to be changed.

I’m sorry I might not understand but how does that change anything about placements in finals? They didn’t even tie

They’re a great band don’t get me wrong