7 hours ago, Tubalord11 said:

It’s nice to hear the Crown 2019 opener again, and Argyle played it every well. However, and maybe it’s just me, their brass seems to be struggling a little, but ofc it’s super hot and they will clean it up. Excited to see how this one turns out!

Melissa sounds really good, but I feel like the need to add more variety in their opener, especially if where they stopped is where they go into the ballad. I just feel like we’re hearing the same thing for however long it was, hopefully they do something, but it was just brass heavy paint it black for like 3 minutes. 

found one where ya'll can see the visual's. start at 2:12:41

7 minutes ago, pancake said:

has anyone seen more of the dfw bands coppell, keller, marcus, wakeland?

Saw Marcus, Keller, and Wakeland. All pretty impressive. No Coppell yet. 

Marcus is looking and sounding great, as usual. Guard is strong too. I think the show is called “Above the (something)”. Couldn’t tell what the third word in the title was. The show seems a lot edgier than last year, which I like. I think they had a Peter Gabriel song playing during the pre-show? 

Keller marched the first part and then stood and played the second part. The first part is a slow build that starts with a herald trumpet fanfare that leads to the first hit. Very very mature and kindof regal vibes. The second part is a lot faster and very technical. They didn’t march a ton of their show, but what they did have out there felt very put-together.

Wakeland is like crazy super impressively clean for this point in the season and they marched a big chunk of the show. Lots of choreo & big powerful sounds…I think…the audio is too bad to really make any conclusion on the music lol. The drill does seem pretty significantly easier than last year and the guard isn’t carrying enough visual weight to offset that yet, which is something that bands like Marcus and Flower Mound do very effectively imo. Anyway, I think they could be a real threat at 5A state if Rouse and Leander aren’t back to their 2021 levels.

5 hours ago, Rubisco said:

I won't share too much, but I can now confirm that this is true. I'm very excited by what I'm seeing and hearing from them. If the brass can just develop a little bit more control and balance that sound in the louder moments -- it's getting away from them a bit right now. Honestly, it doesn't even have to be that loud. But yeah, this was truly an impressive first performance! It's so cool to see another Houston band blossoming!

Just a few other videos I need to catch up on now...🥰

yayyy!!! warms the cockles of my cold dead heart. hope they fix the overplaying or whatever by Katy w/o sacrificing the excitement. gotta get that nice clear blend, preferably in tune also lol.

aaaand from today

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=shdYp6AYYdE

on the one hand i love how Gaines is able to juggle soooo much going on at once visually, like hoooly moly the attention to detail. looots o' pretty and intricate forms too, he's godly at that, never lacking. on the other hand that "2nd part" whatever u wanna call it seems a liiiittle busy, like i didn't really know where he wanted me to look, maybe a little samey too. we'll see when we get da music. i knew immediately Carmel was going to win Nats when i first saw their show last yr but that was like a month later than this.

LEANDER!!

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=um-G2QBKA10&pp=ygUQTGVhbmRlciBmb290YmFsbA%3D%3D

moon river ballad, be still my heart!!! some really cool unique drill in this one. and the guard. has. work!! unlike last yr this time lol.

okok. i'll stop posting. y'all can find ur own football streams, they're all out there.

12 hours ago, packwick said:

ooooo me likey Cedar Park's choreo, esp in the ballad. all those partnering skills. and that WALL of sound y'all, makes me feel itty bitty.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=Q5X4SxZYrU4

i just wanna like violently shake and slap the commentators who talk over the bands.

They removed halftime activities from the video. Boo. 

audio from twhs' last game, band starts around 1:48. liiittle less muffled than the vid audio from last week.

https://archive.org/details/broadcast-2023-09-01

lol at the synthesizer in the beginning, is it like an electric guitar or something? i actually kinda like it lol. pretty impressed so far by the music perf, exciting stuff in the opener, trumpets already getting a little bit more confident in those interval leaps, second part performed closer to tempo, hopefully w/ drill. only thing id say is i hope the remaining music has a liiiittle widdle bit more of a distinct personality, just cause it sounds so much like Devs '94. noooot necessarily a bad thing i guess.

hopefully rest of opener by next week? my advice for playing drill learning catchup: aim to have thru the ballad relatively somewhat clean by BOA Austin (not Katy), you'll be somewhat hanging w/ the other top dogs that way.

59 minutes ago, packwick said:

audio from twhs' last game, band starts around 1:48. liiittle less muffled than the vid audio from last week.

https://archive.org/details/broadcast-2023-09-01

Some really great stuff in there, especially for September 1st. They seem quite hungry this year. It's been ten years since their last major win. We'll see!

Looking forward to watching all of the bands when the full shows are on the field, and getting a better idea of where everyone will land competitively.

Pearland's def still using Cartwright, they're using Cartwright, right? never did get confirmation last yr, juuuust kinda assumed.

another soundless vid but they should have no problem making GN finals w/ that visual program when they get it cleaner. very clear design, consistently interesting. they have several giant moveable shiny silver crescent moons w/ i think little stages on them. classic Cartwright move near the beginning when they have the moons rotating in two giant circles. crap ton o flags. kinda tragic guard perf today but clearly windy, lots of fluttering silks. that circular shape of the set pieces almost makes it look like an off-brand Broken Arrow 2021 lol.