UIL 6A 2023 State Marching Band Contest (Oct. 30. & 31)

LeanderMomma

I came back from school and just saw Waxahachie got dqed due to going over performance time. I feel HORRIBLE for them. I know that is not how they wanted their season to end, I wish UIL could just introduce a small penalty depending on how over you go. I love y’all Waxahachie! ❤️

Just now, luke_anderson said:

who do y’all think will make finals?

My possibilities in no order (MORE THAN 14)

Hebron

Marcus

Flomo

Coppell 

Woodlands

Pearland

Vandy

Vista 

Round Rock

Reagan 

CTJ

Wylie

LD Bell

Drip

Prosper

Keller

Waxahachie

Timber Creek

Cy-Fair

Bridgeland

Westwood

Lake Travis

Westlake

Could be forgetting some and also this year has came with a ton of surprises so anything could happen

VISTA-FREAKING-RIDGE!!!!!! Arguably the strongest music performance of the day! I mean HOLY COW!!! Drill was Super clean, love the different variation of the crown set, ballad was BEAUTIFUL!!! Guard had their best run of the season, we could be looking at a state medalist assuming their finals run is just as strong, but amazing job Ranger Band!! 

3 minutes ago, DankBOA said:

My possibilities in no order (MORE THAN 14)

Hebron

Marcus

Flomo

Coppell 

Woodlands

Pearland

Vandy

Vista 

Round Rock

Reagan 

CTJ

Wylie

LD Bell

Drip

Prosper

Keller

Waxahachie

Timber Creek

Cy-Fair

Bridgeland

Westwood

Lake Travis

Westlake

Could be forgetting some and also this year has came with a ton of surprises so anything could happen

I think a few bands in the bubble will overtake CTJ

One-two punch right there with Vista Ridge following TWHS. Vista was fantastic. Obviously, visual is much improved from their first regional. And the music is both really enjoyable and well-performed. But you know there's something wrong with the mic placement for the stream when those trombones at the end of the opener aren't nearly as brash as they usually are!

13 minutes ago, Rubisco said:

Welcome, Blue Devilcoats! I'm very BOA-minded, so I see a show like TWHS' and immediately think, "Well that's obviously winning visual and GE." But this is UIL, so it's really going to come down to more music performance-related things. It'll be interesting to see where this lands!

Also reminded me of a what if BD married BC..but love them both so obviously loved it! Go TW!

@DeadMascot PSJA was sooo good!! I see why they won Area G, they are putting out a big sound for their size! Soloist were good, great work from the guard, and other than some small cover down issues, the drill was fairly clean. Really hope they are able to keep up this successes next season, great year for them, great job PSJA!! 

Oh and that Drum Major was doing some EXCELLENT conducting, tons of emotions in that performance! 

5 minutes ago, Bandmomlover said:

Sorry if this has already been asked and answered but I just signed up for NFHS on my phone. Logged in and cast it to my TV. It kicked me out twice during one show, saying I was streaming on multiple platforms or something like that.

The NFHS bot could not help and said there are no humans available to help😆

It might perceive being on the phone and tv 📺 at the same time is double streaming 😕 I’m not sure if there is a good way around that.

14 minutes ago, Bandmomlover said:

Sorry if this has already been asked and answered but I just signed up for NFHS on my phone. Logged in and cast it to my TV. It kicked me out twice during one show, saying I was streaming on multiple platforms or something like that.

I’m watching through the NFHS app on the tv..

7 minutes ago, Tubalord11 said:

@DeadMascot PSJA was sooo good!! I see why they won Area G, they are putting out a big sound for their size! Soloist were good, great work from the guard, and other than some small cover down issues, the drill was fairly clean. Really hope they are able to keep up this successes next season, great year for them, great job PSJA!! 

Oh and that Drum Major was doing some EXCELLENT conducting, tons of emotions in that performance! 

And you could see her tears when it was over. That program is on an upward trajectory. 

15 minutes ago, Bandmomlover said:

You just have to have your TV and phone on the same network, like your wifi. I've had three devices connected today with no issue, but they are all on my wifi network.