UIL 6A 2023 State Marching Band Contest (Oct. 30. & 31)

LeanderMomma

Wonderful performance from Coppell! Loved the huge Rifle and Piccillo, guard was A TREAT to watch, so many hard moments both individually and as a group that they absolutely nailed! Music performance was incredible, trumpet soloist during the ballad was just so emotionally powerful, should be in finals comfortably, amazing job Coppell! 

3 minutes ago, Origin said:

Coppell is the first band that I’ve gotten to see today, and they did not disappoint. Truly an impressive musical feat with all those time signatures. Definitely some iffy intonation in the ballad but I’m sure every group is dealing with that today. 

Coppell has the most innovative and unique show of the day so far! Their design score should be through the roof, rightfully so. Tuning in the ballad seemed to suffer more than most groups, but they’ll get another run at this tomorrow.

Great show from Tompkins! I see why they did so well at area, great sounds all around, Woodwinds were killing those technical passages. Love me some firebird sweet, great way to close out the show! Really curious as to where they will place, feel like they could surprise us.....maybe. Great job Tompkins! 

1 minute ago, nightlife said:

Rankings thus far: 

Wylie 

Reagan

Bell

CTJ

Coppell

Timber Creek

Prosper

Tompkins

Wylie East

Klein Oak

College Park

Haltom

Dickinson

JBA

Pebble Hills

Midland

Bro is PULLING for Wylie! I'd love for them to do this, but I just don't see it happening. I can't really do rankings for everyone since I only started at the end of Haltom's show, but ig I'll do rankings for the second block: 

Coppell 

L.D. Bell

Prosper 

Wylie 

Tompkins 

JBA 

Pebble Hills 

Midland 

I have Prosper over Wylie simply because I feel like the judges will have an easier time connecting to their show, but I could see them swapping. Bell honestly could take Coppell, most likely not but they had their best performance to date that I have seen, but we shall see this evening! 

1 minute ago, ChristopherRoden said:

They may but I really was incredibly impressed with Wylie's show. There were from what I could tell no weak points. Marched well, played well, sounded great, and it's not an easy show. I dug it much more than the classic Cartwright recycled show from Prosper... 

yeah also some basis because I LOVE Prosper's show, both also Wylie did incredible and I love their show too, just more personal opinion, would love for both to surprise us and slip into finals 

5 minutes ago, Tubalord11 said:

Bro is PULLING for Wylie! I'd love for them to do this, but I just don't see it happening. I can't really do rankings for everyone since I only started at the end of Haltom's show, but ig I'll do rankings for the second block: 

Coppell 

L.D. Bell

Prosper 

Wylie 

Tompkins 

JBA 

Pebble Hills 

Midland 

I have Prosper over Wylie simply because I feel like the judges will have an easier time connecting to their show, but I could see them swapping. Bell honestly could take Coppell, most likely not but they had their best performance to date that I have seen, but we shall see this evening! 

I agree 100% with this ranking and I've sat here from the morning. Not sure where I would put Reagan and ctj but probably not at the very top...I though bell's show was that good. And I'm a sucker for bands that play a lot and play most of the time they're on the field. I might rank Coppell 2nd after bell.