2023 BOA Austin (Sept. 23)

LeanderMomma

Vandegrifts props are JUST enough (granted, how much more room do they even have for props!) I could tell you the name of the show without hearing the announcement! Also the color changing prop???? Surely that will become big come October/nov. The drill is just so clean already, and that MUSIC wow! I love that ballad so much, the first few notes remind me of Crown22, in a good way! This show is built for under the big lights. I’m stunned. This is such an incredible show, it will go SO far!!! Goosebumps in September is insane to me but it’s happening! 

7 minutes ago, ChristopherRoden said:

Vandegrifts props are JUST enough (granted, how much more room do they even have for props!) I could tell you the name of the show without hearing the announcement! Also the color changing prop???? Surely that will become big come October/nov. The drill is just so clean already, and that MUSIC wow! I love that ballad so much, the first few notes remind me of Crown22, in a good way! This show is built for under the big lights. I’m stunned. This is such an incredible show, it will go SO far!!! Goosebumps in September is insane to me but it’s happening! 

I think they’d have to cut some people if they wanted props! 😂

1 minute ago, LostChoirGuy said:

How does box5 not anticipate the capacity issues with this contest every year?

Also Vandegrift was amazing.  I don't know how they already look so clean and sound so good.

It's not just this stream.  All streams ( I was enjoying the Tennessee Comp) are cut off and I keep getting kicked off.  Box5 had a year to make this better and they did nothing.

Maybe I’m just in a grumpy mood because the stream is awful but - I don’t really get the Vandegrift hype train? Like yes they can play loud, but there’s 600 of them - I even think they pushed it past sounding good quite a few times. It’s also hard to keep the visual interesting when the field is so crowded? Maybe I’m the only one who feels this way? Just needed to get that thought out of my head.

2 minutes ago, symphbee said:

Maybe I’m just in a grumpy mood because the stream is awful but - I don’t really get the Vandegrift hype train? Like yes they can play loud, but there’s 600 of them - I even think they pushed it past sounding good quite a few times. It’s also hard to keep the visual interesting when the field is so crowded? Maybe I’m the only one who feels this way? Just needed to get that thought out of my head.

You remind me of my old band director, every time people would push past their best sounds, that is exactly what he was say.

6 minutes ago, symphbee said:

It's early in the season and last year they seemed to have too many people and I was pleasantly surprised with how much I enjoyed their show by the end of the season