4. Burleson Centennial- 84.80 (33rd)- Panel 2

5. Wylie East- 84.18 (34th)- Panel 2

6. Friendswood- 83.80 (36th)- Panel 2

7. Weiss- 81.60 (41st)- Panel 2

8. Aledo- 81.30 (42nd)- Panel 2

9. Tom Glenn- 79.35 (47th)- Panel 1

10. Forney- 76.30 (54th)- Panel 1

11. Pioneer- 76.03 (57th)- Panel 1

Some interesting things to note here- most notably Wakeland less than a quarter of a point behind Cedar Park and a point and half ahead of Rouse. I'm feeling pretty good about their medal chances. Centennial, Wylie East and Friendswood were all closer to Rouse than expected, and Aledo was a bit lower than I thought they'd be. 

BOA does score different than UIL so you just never know. I'm only going to make it to the finals performance (if made) so really really nervous but hopeful! I definitely think these 5A BOA San Antonio bands are some of the best but there are others not at BOA that are contenders for finals as well. My heart may not survive Monday night finals announcements.

5A State participants scores at BOA San Antonio:

1. Cedar Park- 86.70 (22nd)- Panel 2

2. Wakeland- 86.43 (24th)- Panel 1

3. Rouse- 84.93 (31st)- Panel 1

4. Burleson Centennial- 84.80 (33rd)- Panel 2

5. Wylie East- 84.18 (34th)- Panel 2

6. Friendswood- 83.80 (36th)- Panel 2

7. Weiss- 81.60 (41st)- Panel 2

10. Pioneer- 76.03 (57th)- Panel 1

Some interesting things to note here- most notably Wakeland less than a quarter of a point behind Cedar Park and a point and half ahead of Rouse. I'm feeling pretty good about their medal chances. Centennial, Wylie East and Friendswood were all closer to Rouse than expected, and Aledo was a bit lower than I thought they'd be.

Dripping Springs and Sharyland attended US Bands instead of BOA. Sharyland beat out Dripping Springs in prelims (DP did not attend finals). While the judging and scoring is different than UIL and BOA, it's still something to look into. I have a feeling that whatever happens Monday will be very different from what we expected. I can't wait

And throwing Roma into that mix, they had a 81.775 (Panel 1) which would be 7th right after Friendswood. Their absence in the SMBC next week will most definitely open up a finals spot for someone.

And following up on t=some of the other groups that were not there, Sharyland HS with 2nd place at US Bands followed by Dripping Springs. Could have possibly had 3 valley bands in the SMBC Finals.

Really? That doesn't sound right considering they sent Poteet in 1990. What year was that?

That was 86-87 I believe.  We actually used Poteet's parking lot as a practice field BEFORE the school was complete!  Verified my claim with one of our asst. directors at the time.  Everyone always thinks that their band is the best of all time...would have been nice to at least put it a bit to the test.  Past that GO NORTH FORNEY PRIDE!!  :)

5A State participants scores at BOA San Antonio:

1. Cedar Park- 86.70 (22nd)- Panel 2

2. Wakeland- 86.43 (24th)- Panel 1

3. Rouse- 84.93 (31st)- Panel 1

4. Burleson Centennial- 84.80 (33rd)- Panel 2

5. Wylie East- 84.18 (34th)- Panel 2

6. Friendswood- 83.80 (36th)- Panel 2

7. Weiss- 81.60 (41st)- Panel 2

10. Forney- 76.30 (54th)- Panel 1

11. Pioneer- 76.03 (57th)- Panel 1

Keep in mind that Lebanon Trail does not participate in boa and they beat Wakeland by a hair at Area D finals. I think LT is going to surprise a lot of central Texas peeps.

That was 86-87 I believe. We actually used Poteet's parking lot as a practice field BEFORE the school was complete! Verified my claim with one of our asst. directors at the time. Everyone always thinks that their band is the best of all time...would have been nice to at least put it a bit to the test. Past that GO NORTH FORNEY PRIDE!! :)

Man, that's messed up. Wish y'all could've gone, it would've been the first time a Mesquite band went to State right? It's cool to find out about band history, I never heard that North used Poteet's parking lot to practice on lol But congrats on North Forney making State!

Burleson Centennial: That was one of the best visual performances ive ever seen from a HS band. Musically, they are almost there, but visually, they were stellar. Really beautifully written show that id love to see tommorow afternoon!

Man, that's messed up. Wish y'all could've gone, it would've been the first time a Mesquite band went to State right? It's cool to find out about band history, I never heard that North used Poteet's parking lot to practice on lol But congrats on North Forney making State!

Yeah, until Poteet!  We'll never know.  Yeah, NF did pretty good!  Watching the live feed at work.