2019 5A State

What do you mean by an ineligible student?

Example:

Many years ago, The Woodlands, unknowingly, had a student who forged their grades to become eligible to march. That student participated in the Area contest which was a violation of UIL rules. The Woodlands called the UIL immediately after it was brought to their attention and self-reported the violation. They were disqualified from the State Contest and North Shore, the alternate, was allowed to take their place.

Example:

Many years ago, The Woodlands, unknowingly, had a student who forged their grades to become eligible to march. That student participated in the Area contest which was a violation of UIL rules. The Woodlands called the UIL immediately after it was brought to their attention and self-reported the violation. They were disqualified from the State Contest and North Shore, the alternate, was allowed to take their place.

That’s rough, they went down as a team. I can’t imagine how much shame there was for that kid, lol.

Results from yesterday

Area A:

Hanks

Eastlake

Belaire

Del Valle

Randall (SA)

Area B:

Lebanon Trail

Wakeland

Lone Star

Wylie East

Centennial (SA)

Area C:

Highland Park

Midlothian

Poteet

Forney

North Forney

Lindale (SA)

Area D:

McCallum

Dripping Springs

Weiss

Connally (SA)

Area E:

Friendswood

Foster

Shadow Creek (SA)

Area F:

Burleson Centennial

Aledo

Colleyville Heritage

Birdville

Granbury (SA)

Area G:

Sharyland

Sharyland Pioneer

Rio Grande City

Brownsville Lopez

Brownsville Pace

Brownsville Porter (SA)

Area H:

Cedar Park

Rouse

Tivy

Glenn

John Marshall Harlan (SA)

Area I:

Willis

Tomball

Porter

Galena Park (SA)

Results from yesterday

Area A:

Hanks

Eastlake

Belaire

Del Valle

Randall (SA)

Area B:

Lebanon Trail

Wakeland

Lone Star

Wylie East

Centennial (SA)

Area C:

Highland Park

Midlothian

Poteet

Forney

North Forney (SA)

Area D:

McCallum

Dripping Springs

Weiss

Connally (SA)

Area E:

Friendswood

Foster

Shadow Creek (SA)

Area F:

Burleson Centennial

Aledo

Colleyville Heritage

Birdville

Granbury (SA)

Area G:

Sharyland

Sharyland Pioneer

Rio Grande City

Brownsville Lopez

Brownsville Pace

Brownsville Porter (SA)

Area H:

Cedar Park

Rouse

Tivy

Glenn

John Marshall Harlan (SA)

Area I:

Willis

Tomball

Porter

Galena Park (SA)

North Forney is not an alternate bc 5 bands from area c advanced to state.

Is it a big deal that Midlothian beat Poteet and Forney? Does this make them a state finals contender? 

And how will Highland Park compare to Cedar Park, Dripping Springs, Wakeland, etc...? 

I think it does (I may be a little bit biased lol). But I think all five groups from Area C are going to work their tails off, because of the tight competition in our area. I think for sure the top 4 from Area C are contenders for being state finalists, but only time will tell. Weather will be a factor in rehearsal quality this week for sure, so it all comes down to everyone's focus this week I believe. It will be an amazing competition though with some amazing groups. 

UIL 5A State Schedule!!

Areas are divided up as equally as possible for even representation in each block.  The Area draws the number of slots they are certifying to State.  After Areas name State Qualifiers, those bands draw within the numbers their Areas drew. 

Example: Area H drew slots 1, 8, 18, and 26.  Therefore, the four State Qualifiers from Area H could only draw from those numbers.

IMG_3891.PNG

Mind if I ask, but are state performances recorded by UIL? If so, where will they be posted/will they be live streamed?

From UIL site: Live Stream

BOX5-TV powered by BOX5 Media has contracted with UIL to provide live streaming for the event.

Link available on uil site. I watched it this way in 2017. Not too costly and nice they have this available! $12 for prelims only $20 for both prelims and finals.

https://www.uiltexas.org/music/marching-band/state

That kinda sucks though, I thought it would be like FloMarching where they livestream the event for no cost, but I guess for this I have to pay 39 dollars to watch...

You don't have to do the $39. It's $20 for both prelims and finals. Or $12 for just one or the Other.

Although I can't quite seem to find what differentiates the pro package....hmmmmm. Maybe that one is all of it. 1A, 3A, 5A

From UIL site: Live Stream

BOX5-TV powered by BOX5 Media has contracted with UIL to provide live streaming for the event.

Link available on uil site. I watched it this way in 2017. Not too costly and nice they have this available! $12 for prelims only $20 for both prelims and finals.

https://www.uiltexas.org/music/marching-band/state

Darn, it is Box 5! I can’t keep up these days.