2018 6A State

Whoa, TW going first....that’s tough!

I think there are a lot of us TW parents worried about this exact thing- first up was a very tough draw.

There are so many amazing bands. I wish I knew more to understand the nuances between the scoring better- but it’s so hard to guess who will get to finals.

I think there are a lot of us TW parents worried about this exact thing- first up was a very tough draw.

There are so many amazing bands. I wish I knew more to understand the nuances between the scoring better- but it’s so hard to guess who will get to finals.

In my opinion, UIL judging is very inconsistent at state. Especially prelims. You can have a band get a ton of single digit placements and then one judge has them at 25. Thankfully finals is often much more consistent than prelims

Of all bands, the Woodlands has nothing to worry about. I can’t really imagine a scenario where they don’t advance. Coppell, Westlake, Cedar Ridge, and Bowie will be hurt by their draw time in the first block. They’re all bands on the bubble for finals, and will now be pushed even further into the bubble compared to bands like TWCP, Pearland, Prosper, Hendrickson, etc etc.