Maybe I just missed it somewhere, but has anyone discussed just how AWESOME those body movements by the Marcus band looked on the field Saturday?  And how PERFECT they were?  It was just mesmerizing and I loved getting to see it 3 times total (I was also at the Marcus/Bell football game on Friday night where I saw it first). I can't wait to see how they build on all of that by BOA SA and Grand Nats.  So fun to watch!!!! 

Oh my god. I didn't watch it live, but wow Marcus was great. I totally agree that what they did was awesome.

So I haven't said to much this season because I haven't been able to watch much (saving my Flo subscription month for SA), but there's (likely short-lived) videos of most of the finalists up on the tube, and I gotta say - Flowermound and Hebron have raised the bar once again, and I don't know that they'll be touched, even by Avon this year. The music these bands are daring to put out on the field is just unreal, and the fact that they're doing it so well with another month plus left in the season is stunning.

I do see why Hebron eked out the win in this one, but Flowermound has one heck of a vehicle that I think will peak at the right time and eventually come out on top. I'm completely in love with Flowermound's conceptual show designs these past couple of years...everything builds on the theme and there just seems to be an extra level of depth and sophistication to the packages they put together.

I wouldn't have said this early in the season but I think there's a chance that Avon doesn't even medal at SA, and we haven't even seen Conroe yet.

Definitely thinking along the same lines. There are three bands I would say so far that can beat Avon, and I'm convinced we'll add another this weekend, if not two. Then I would even add in another band or two or three as wild cards because we have four weeks left and anything can change. I will say that Avon's show is progressing well, but I don't think they'll win anything this season after the Indy Super. I see them between 2nd and 5th at San Antonio. However, the visual caption is still theirs to lose. 

I wouldn't have said this early in the season but I think there's a chance that Avon doesn't even medal at SA, and we haven't even seen Conroe yet.

I wouldn't be so quick to put Avon out of the top 3. They almost always make a lot of progress by that time. They may not be at that level by then, but they will be ready to compete.

If that happens San Antonio really will be harder than Grand Nationals as Avon has consistently been a medalist for quite some time.

The competition in San Antonio is objectively on par with (if not above) Grand Nats in terms of the depth of the competitive field. SA this year has more Top 30 and Top 10 bands (according to Horn Rank) than Nats.

I think the only thing that makes Nats harder to win is the third round of competition. To win Nats, a band must have 3 (relatively) consistently good runs in a very short period of time.