2023 Vista Ridge Marching Festival (Oct. 7th)

• 2 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I think Brandeis is more likely than O'Connor to win it. Brandeis cleans up really well, especially early season. O'Connor is really good at pacing themselves and is often the strongest performing band in Northside at the tail end of the season.

I think New Braunfels, Weiss, and Churchill are likely to be up there in finals. If Del Rio does go, I think they'll get top 5 or 6.

Taft might slip into finals depending on how they clean up early season. That would put all 3 NISD bands in finals. 

• 3 months later...
On 3/9/2023 at 9:47 PM, BigBandCool said:

Round Rock has a JV program? Interesting, I never knew that. I should have expected it since they're such a large school but I never really considered it

Anyway, I hope we are going to Vista Ridge this year

Round Rock has had a JV since 2015, but they only started competing at VRHS last year. 

1 hour ago, AlphaOmega said:

My personal predictions based on gut feeling: 

1st - Brandeis
2nd - McNeil
3rd - O'Connor
4th - Weiss
5th - John Paul Stevens
6th - Churchill
7th - Glenn
8th - New Braunfels
9th - Stony Point
10th - Belton

I’d doubt Glenn will be out of the top 3 if not 1st. They were fantastic last season and are quickly rising to the levels of the other bands in Leander ISD. 

On 9/21/2023 at 2:45 PM, Tubalord11 said:

I’d doubt Glenn will be out of the top 3 if not 1st. They were fantastic last season and are quickly rising to the levels of the other bands in Leander ISD. 

Respectfully, I disagree about them winning. I saw them and Brandeis at BOA today, and Brandeis was definitely stronger. I've also seen McNeil, and they're the strongest they've ever been. I have not seen O'Connor, so I can't say if they'll beat Glenn or not just yet. 

I will say, Glenn definitely is rising up. They had a great performance today. Enjoyed their show a lot. 

1 minute ago, AlphaOmega said:

Respectfully, I disagree about them winning. I saw them and Brandeis at BOA today, and Brandeis was definitely stronger. I've also seen McNeil, and they're the strongest they've ever been. I have not seen O'Connor, so I can't say if they'll beat Glenn or not just yet. 

I will say, Glenn definitely is rising up. They had a great performance today. Enjoyed their show a lot. 

Yeah I agree lol saw both 

On 9/21/2023 at 1:43 PM, AlphaOmega said:

My personal predictions based on gut feeling: 

1st - Brandeis
2nd - McNeil
3rd - O'Connor
4th - Weiss
5th - John Paul Stevens
6th - Churchill
7th - Glenn
8th - New Braunfels
9th - Stony Point
10th - Belton

Stevens and Weiss are not going to place above Churchill. Top 3 make sense but 4th will probably be Glenn and 5th Churchill.  New Braunfels is also a sleeper school. 

On 9/23/2023 at 1:48 PM, AlphaOmega said:

glenns is moving up to tmc 

On 3/9/2023 at 9:47 PM, BigBandCool said:

Round Rock has a JV program? Interesting, I never knew that. I should have expected it since they're such a large school but I never really considered it

Anyway, I hope we are going to Vista Ridge this year

RR started having a JV band in 2015. Not sure when they started having them at festivals, etc. Huge program at one time over 350.