UIL 6A 2023 State Marching Band Contest (Oct. 30. & 31)

LeanderMomma

Yeah, I heard the tuning in the soloists at the beginning, too, but overall LD Bell was great. It's so nice to see them pushing their way back into the upper echelon!

College Park sounded great, too. The music really draws you in, with that trumpet duet.

Sorry, I'm very in and out of the stream at the moment.

What an incredible performance from That Wylie Band!! The Mello sustain in the opening hit was perfect!! Soloist were great all around, guard did very well, and the drill was very clean! Very big brass sound. Would love for them to make finals, would say it's defiantly a possibility! love this show so much, great job to TWB! 

45 minutes ago, Tubalord11 said:

For those who saw Timber Creek, how'd they do? One of my roommates marched there and was wanting to know how they did, ya'll think they have a good shot at finals? Hoping the early performance time doesn't kill their scores. 

Loudest they have been.   The mic really accentuated the soloists.   Better dynamic balance than I’ve seen.   Cleanest run they’ve had especially in that difficult closer 

1 minute ago, Gehrig4 said:

I think it’s also easier to compare bands when they are closer together.   More consistency in judging. 

It also kind of sets a decently large gap between the band in 7th and the band in 8th. That probably doesn't happen all the time but more times than not you see that gap happen. But in the end, it does make deciding who is top 5 in the state way easier because they see those bands one after the other.

6 minutes ago, JWork said:

It also kind of sets a decently large gap between the band in 7th and the band in 8th. That probably doesn't happen all the time but more times than not you see that gap happen. But in the end, it does make deciding who is top 5 in the state way easier because they see those bands one after the other.

While this is true- if you’re the top 5 in the state you should be undeniable. It shouldn’t matter when you perform. If you’re the best, you’re the best regardless of when you go on.

51 minutes ago, DeadMascot said:

Can someone please tell me how Alexander did when they go on? I’m extremely excited to hear how they perform

Solid performance from JBA! Drill was defiantly the highlight for me, very clean and represented the theme throughout! I think the music could have used a bit more cleaning individually, the ensemble moments were very good, I do wish the Festive Overture small ensemble was a bit stronger, woodwinds were very good though! Very entertaining show, great job JBA!

Just now, Tubalord11 said:

Solid performance from JBA! Drill was defiantly the highlight for me, very clean and represented the theme throughout! I think the music could have used a bit more cleaning individually, the ensemble moments were very good, I do wish the Festive Overture small ensemble was a bit stronger, woodwinds were very good though! Very entertaining show, great job JBA!

Thank you😎

8 minutes ago, Tubalord11 said:

LETS GO PROSPER!!!! Can't not love a Texas themed show! Soloist killed it, and that guard was sooo good! Such powerful ensemble hits, great dynamics throughout, and the ballad was so beautiful, flute soloist killed it!! Really hope we get to see them again tomorrow, great job Mighty Eagle Band!!!  

Really visually dazzling! Great sound!