LeanderMomma

6 minutes ago, Ranxh1938292 said:

My predictions for the top 5

1.Vandegrift 

2.Vista Ridge 

3.Cedar Ridge 

4.Dripping Springs

5.Cedar Park

You’re bold for putting DS that high! Definitely not impossible, but I don’t see them over Cedar Park, and getting top 5 definitely won’t be easy. Ik they are going to GN’s so maybe that’s given them a boost, but they definitely have a strong shot at finals.

7 hours ago, Tubalord11 said:

You’re bold for putting DS that high! Definitely not impossible, but I don’t see them over Cedar Park, and getting top 5 definitely won’t be easy. Ik they are going to GN’s so maybe that’s given them a boost, but they definitely have a strong shot at finals.

I don’t think they’ve ever made Austin finals, at least not that I can recall in recent memory. Going from not even advancing to 4th would be quite the feat, and I will personally promise $1,000 to the person that predicted it if it does happen. Bet. 

16 minutes ago, yayband914 said:

I don’t think they’ve ever made Austin finals, at least not that I can recall in recent memory. Going from not even advancing to 4th would be quite the feat, and I will personally promise $1,000 to the person that predicted it if it does happen. Bet. 

I think they did sometime between 13-15, but never placed higher than 8th. I’d love for them to return but making finals here is a challenge on its own 

20 hours ago, yayband914 said:

I have a history of making predictions only to have them drowned by what actual happens; but I’ll take the chance😂!

16 minutes ago, Ranxh1938292 said:

I have a history of making predictions only to have them drowned by what actual happens; but I’ll take the chance😂!

Happens to me every time, too! Always at least a couple of surprises at every contest... maybe Dripping Springs will be one of them!

Serious about that grand, too.

After seeing many of the bands shows from football performances, here's how I think its going to go: 

1st: Vandy(all captions) 

2nd: Cedar Park 

3rd: Vista Ridge 

4th: Cedar Ridge 

5th: Round Rock 

6th: Leander 

7th: James Bowie 

8th: Rouse 

9th: Westlake 

10th: Hendrickson 

11th: M.G. Johnson 

12th: Dripping Springs 

I have a really good feeling about C.P. this year and I think they will take the silver here. I could definitely see Westwood making finals over Johnson or D.S., maybe even Lake Travis who's been having constant success recently. Only 2 more weeks till Texas marching band!!! 

On 9/8/2023 at 5:03 PM, Tubalord11 said:

I think they did sometime between 13-15, but never placed higher than 8th. I’d love for them to return but making finals here is a challenge on its own 

They got 8th in 2014 and 9th in 2015. In 2014, I remember them being particularly good and thinking they should have placed higher. 

Well unfortunately Baylor has as a 6:30 game this weekend, I would say I now get to sleep in before gameday rehearsal but I I'll be watching at least the first two blocks of prelims, which thankfully has most of the bands that will/ has potential to make finals. I definitely won't be screen recording the first two blocks so if you want any videos of the first two blocks, definitely, absolutely don't DM me 😉

Just now, BaritoneBallah said:

anyone wanna drop some bold takes before this weekend? i'll start! i'm saying no more caption sweeps this year!

IG I will lol: 

1st: Vandegrift(visual/ge) 

2nd: Vista Ridge(music) 

3rd: Cedar Park 

6th: Rouse 

7th: Leander

8th: James Bowie 

12th: Westwood/Dripping Springs/Lake Travis 

It’s gonna be a huge battle for the last 3 spots. There will be some bands who normally would make it that won’t, all comes down to who had the strongest performances that morning! 

1 hour ago, Tubalord11 said:

IG I will lol: 

1st: Vandegrift(visual/ge) 

2nd: Vista Ridge(music) 

3rd: Cedar Park 

6th: Rouse 

7th: Leander

8th: James Bowie 

12th: Westwood/Dripping Springs/Lake Travis 

It’s gonna be a huge battle for the last 3 spots. There will be some bands who normally would make it that won’t, all comes down to who had the strongest performances that morning! 

This is not a bold prediction at all lol